I'm wondering if any of you track your orders with a spreadsheet or a database, paper trail, Outlook Express,...

I use google sheets for tracking all orders.

There are many services that can help you to track orders and will send you e-mail if it is necessary. Wonder why nobody mentioned this.

no
most of what i order is from aliexpress
i can just go to ‘my orders’ page and see what is still outstanding

wle

I write all my orders in an old-school notebook and strike over a line whenever i receive the corresponding one. I haven’t resorted to write down the money figures though… I guess i don’t want to be able to sum it up. I’m not tracking my orders either. Just a reminder i order this or that. It comes in when it comes in.

It started as just a text file — what was ordered, how much, from where, and date — and grew into a big honkin’ html page with evvvvvvvvvverything on it. Link to the order in question, “notes” (eg, how much charged vs how much from a gift-card), highlights in popup boxes (“returned, refund below”), as well as lines for account info like credits, interest, deposit, etc.

Displays all that info without javascript. With javascript, though, I have the status (not yet, shipped, delivered), tracking number, status message (“ISP New York”, “out for delivery”, etc.), etc., that even “decodes” the tracking number and creates a link to USPS, UPS, FedEx, PostNL, Track24, etc. as needed.

Nice thing about all that is that even if you scroll allllll the way back and can’t find the old order anymore on their website, the link I got still works!

Start small, keep adding.

I use a Pim on my computer, pasting all kinds of tracking, product urls, to the store, wish list, cart…. Sorting om possible future purchases, sorting out, sorting in, trying to estimate what week different packages arrive etc.

Spreadsheet. I like to keep track of the orders in one place because I do order from a variety of sellers. Some ship fast enough it is hard to forget them, but others take too long and I forget. It is kept on dropbox so I can access it from any of my devices anywhere I can connect.

I may use a spreadsheet to help me with the decision process, but I use emails to track orders.

I enter the order date in google calendar, and amend it when it arrives so I have a record of how long to took from order to receipt.