Improved XP LEDs

Why you make them dirty.

Almost you near cree company so why you get chiness version its long way trading .

Finally tried one out, dedomed in a Manker U21 - really like the results. Dedomed one of these W2's sourced from the AliExpress store, and would you believe 1,853 lumens @start, 1,778 lumens @30 secs, and 253 kcd throw? This was the highest lumens I've ever seen from a de-domed XPL or XM-L2, and tail amps using a clamp meter of 5.92A, which isn't crazy high.

Tom, did it dedome well? I am looking for something for a C8 and to update the dedomed XM-L2 in my D01. Still a nice warm tint shift?

Funny - I used the chemical - ZEP Aerosolve 2 degreaser bought here on ebay. Recommended in another thread. Takes about 7-12 minutes, and you can actually hear a "pop" when the dome first cracks. In close examination, it appeared to have a thin covering over the yellow phosphor, but I didn't tamper with it - too risky of damaging the phosphor, so I let it go to see how it would test. I'm thinking if there was a thin coating, it effectively vaporized when heated - speculation cause I didn't re-examine it closely after it was mounted and tested, and by eyeball, it seemed to not be there anymore -- hard to tell for certain.

So far with my 3 uses, I'm convinced this ZEP stuff is the real deal for dedoming. The results, so far, speak for themselves. I'd say with the measured throw, it's equal to results with a full gas or heat dedome. I got more lumens and more throw than a dedomed XPL V6 0D also in a Manker U21, modded the same way. Can't guarantee all is the same because there are differences in the MCPCB mounting and filing down on the LED centering piece, so may be slight variation in the LED vertical position in the reflector between the two - that might make very little or some definite measurable difference - hard to say.

The V6 0D was gas dedomed, but not all the dome was removed, so I sliced it down, carefully filed it down more, got it to bare min. After testing the LED, the remnant of the dome seemed to be all gone, so what it is left with appears to be a clean dedome. Again, getting about 240 kcd in a U21, figured it's equal to any V6 full dedome.

The U21 is a smaller reflector (59 mm head) than the classic 63 mm head lights that are common - HD2010, etc., so I'd expect less throw than in a dedomed FET driven HD2010 for example.

fyi.. My best guess with XPL's is that XPL V6's are equal to XM-L2 U3's, while V5's are U2's. The CREE specs and available tints in these bins seems to show this equivalence. So the W2 should be equal to a XM-L2 U4, finally -- it's about time.

might want to remove the picture of the reel or something so other retailers don’t steal the picture and sell us fakes

Done, removed, but it's quoted all over the place

Just ordered 3 more

I was going to say delete the source, but I see that’s not you.

Those emitters are too rich for my blood. I can’t tell the difference between 1500 and 1800 lumens anyways.

Thanks Tom, I just ordered a couple of those XP-L W2 to be used in hosts that doesn’t benefit from the XP-L HI such as the EE X2R which produces an odd beam, with a defined point in the center then slowly fades away much like the beam of a HID lamp…