IMR-18650 LiMN Lithium 3.7V 2400mah Rechargable Battery

No , due to the internally threaded tailcap , works well with lights that have externally threaded tailcaps

Oops, I thought I saw 22500 s there but I was wrong. 22650 it is. I guess it can barely fit a L2i as that 22mm diameter holders can slightly go into that tailcap.

22500 , cant vouch for it . but some one has to be first . my AAA carier is 58mm .

But the problem might still be the tailcap , you may need to stretch the spring to reach the battery ?

mate i am just a newbie but an xml freak i already have about 10 xml torchs & have been using the protected trustfire flames which have been not to bad on a budget but know i have just orded a skyray 3xXML T6 from Manafont so i would like your help on which batteries would be the best & safest to run this torch & from where to purchase them from cheers your knowlodge would be very much appreciated??

Your looking for well matched cells ..

1st the cells need to charge to the same Voltage or darn close .

They need to be very close in discharge capability under similar loads , and lastly , be close in actual capacity of energy .

Cheap cells are fine in single battery use [ little if any danger ] , but once you go multi cell , things change ..

So what to recommend ? https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/1762 Check out this test ...

The closest matching batteries I have tested are the Solarforce V2 18650 , [ Batt No 6 ] , but you can see what Im talking about in the test ..

The Xtar batteries are also good , so a pair of Xtar 2200 or 2600 might be the go , as they are well matched in discharge , the 2400 varied a little to much to recommend them [ discharge rate ] ... Any decent 18650 should do , but they just need to be matched .

Panasonic/Sanyo/Samsung 2900s can be had for $19 shipped to your door for a pair (2 of them). Issue is they are from HK, and I think currently with your US customs alert is that you may never get them. For Lasers and Li-ion I mean. 2600s about $14 a pair incld shipping via China Post Air Mail registered.

I asked Manafont about that, they are aware about that too.

Or if you wanna try, Solarforce-sales sells for just $7 a piece for 2400mAH protected. They are pretty good and the capacity seems true (but not tested on a good hobby charger like old4750 did). Seriously I don't think you'd noticed much of a diff between 2400 and 2900 in regular usage on the majority of lights, unless you use them for a really long period of time at full bore (bad for the LEDs anyway, unless you have a mega big host). But if you have the $$$ just get the Panasonics and the likes and be done with it.

Jamaya, I also bought the Sky Ray 3x XM-L. If you do a tailcap current measure and get 3+ amps with 2S (2-cells in series), be careful of heat built-up. That means each emitter is getting at least 2A.

Good to know from old4570 that the Solarforce V2 18650s are quite matched.

BTW, Ebay batteries are pretty expensive. But you do get Paypal protection. (I'd personally prefer ESCROW though, payment is not released, and every seller I have encountered for the over 30 pdts i have purchased "aim to please" LOL! ).

BTW old4570 bro, do you prefer the Samsung 30A 3000maH or Panasonic NCR 2900mAH? Thing is that for the Samsung flat top, you need to put a blob of solder, or if you are fine with magnets. (careful of magnet shifts and then short out and POOF!) Do you have any experience with Samsung 2600mAH? (pink colour).

My lights have a + Spring , so springs both ends ...

Samsung 30A . your wasting your money unless you can charge them to 4.35v

You might consider Samsung 28A ?

To 4.2v the Panasonic rules the roost , but when you take the Samsung 30A to 4.35v , then the Samsung rules .

I modified a charger so I can charget he Samsung to 4.35v , but it needs carefull use as the mod is not stable , almost every time I charge I need to recalibrate , which is a bit of a pain .

Bro, how about the Samsung 26F (2600mAH)?

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/432560239-Original-Samsung-18650-3-7V-2600mAh-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery-ICR18650-Free-Shipping-wholesalers.html

The Sanyo are slightly more expensive though.

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/203827/210526382-432513819/Original-Sanyo-18650-3-7V-2600mAh-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery-Free-Shipping.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/434241344-Wholesale-10pcs-lot-Sanyo-18650-3-7V-2600mAh-Li-ion-rechargeable-battery-Free-Shipping-wholesalers.html

Shipping is all Registered for Aliexpress.

Or just bite the bullet and go for the usd19 per pair Panasonic NCR18650 2900 at hkequipment. (add $2 for "insurance") The good thing is that you can break it up to a pair there. I don't think i will go for the XTAR 2600 (sanyo 2600) as the $$ diff is really small.

Those Samsung 2600 look to be a good buy ... Might have to bookmark aliexpress

Aliexpress is really good....not super cheap as most times its even more expensive than Manafont, but you can find some hard to find stuff over there. LED strips 3258 or 5050s, or even warm white + cool white emmiters mixed together and that makes "variable kelvins LED strips", RGB controllers IR or RF variants. Or change your E14 bulbs to 3W LEDs, there are some kinds with a very small base so it fits your chandeliers. Etc etc. Should something screw up, like wrong orders or cracked plastic bezels, negotiate for a partial refund via ESCROW, you'll get your money back quite instantly to your Credit Card as well. ESCROW does not release payment until you verify & confirm your order's received A-OK in the My Orders page. They are taking a long time to ship out? You don't have to do nothing, after the stipulated processing time like 5 days and the seller does not give you a tracking number (CPAM has tracking via Registered Article, its a must for Aliexpress, so everything is Registered), the $$$ automatically goes back to your CC without needing seller's consent. If you really want it bad, you can extend the processing time. Every control is in your hands.

Thing is, it makes more sense for countries nearer to China to order than USA. (shipping time + cost). But i figured out a way to "beat this". That is, just order a stream of stuff to keep you happy. LOL! So at least 1 week there will be 2 shipments, do that continuously. You won't even feel the additional 1-2 weeks taken compared to say my country.

Not very cheap, but not very expensive neither. Since its BLF here, let me share this. Laughing

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/802068

Seriously it is quite fun.

Gday everyone i just orderd 2 xtar 2600mah & 2 solarforce v2 so i got that covered? but i have my old acer laptop battery sitting around well its paractically still new but after 1 week it shit it self so i just pull it apart & guess what bataries were in it yes they are the red sanyo's 18650 there is 6x cells 4 good & 2 no good so i am happy becuase i was going to order the same batteries so exellent so these should be good for the skyray 3xXML t6 i orderd or is protected cells better for this torch? & thanks old4570 for that info helped me a lot??

Protected cells are there to protect against over charge and over discharge ...

As to whether they will save anyone from a reverse charge or thermal event ? Maybe .

I use unprotected batteries , just be sure to monitor there charge state ...

Generally accepted is , the 3.5v to 4.2v range , you can charge earlier if you like , I try to catch my cells at around 3.7 or 3.8volt .

"or is protected cells better for this torch"

If you're going to use multi-cell config, I would recommend protected. More things can go wrong and some protection is better than none, especially if those xml's draw full power. The probability is not high, but the catastrophic failure mode for lithiums is very destructive. Most likely the Xtar cells have the better protection of the two.