[in development] Lumintop B01 - open for suggestions

Interesting concept. If the beam has less artifact and the hotspot more diffuse I could see it being quite useful for some niche requirements.

I used to use 18650 tube lights for bike commuting. This might work for that. Having a wide beam would be really nice for that. For commuting to the office I liked large battery life and usb recharging so I never had to worry about running out on the way home because I forgot to charge / swap batteries at home the day before.

Since the light needs to be on for long stretches (I would regularly ride for an hour) a 21700 would be nice but an xhp70.2 would be overkill. The other thing that was important was a really stiff spring. Some of my lights like my BLF A6 would cycle through modes as I went over bumps. I’m indifferent to LED brands and tints as long as it’s not “cheap flashlight purple”

I can’t get into the beam pattern nor the look of the reflector. I say they should put aux leds in everything they can. I’m just an led junky and love the Emisars and Fireflies a ton that have them. So cool to see them all glowing on the night stand.

I really like the look of the flashlight but I’m not keen on the reflector either.

My vote would be 21700, no usb charging, Anduril firmware.

Not sure on LEDs but if the reflector changes then a triple SST-20 could be nice for a good balance between flood and throw.