[in memorial] Old-Lumens ltd. Edition: Astrolux A01

i will edit it :)

You can order directly or using the links from first post.

i will edit it :)

You can order directly or using the links from first post.

updated

just ordered mine - in memory of Justin.

this is the first light I have purchased with the intent to leave it on the shelf as a display (well, after I try it out a bit)

thanks everyone for making this all happen.

Are these the original Manker made with no memory or visible PWM?

Just checked mine and I’m not seeing any noticeable PWM. It’s L/M/H for modes, didn’t find a mode memory but I did find a hidden strobe. No ‘moonlight’ but L is quite low and acceptable otherwise. A beautiful and useful light you’ll be proud to own- same as OL’s builds in that regard, and a fitting tribute to him.

Phil

It still has the warning on the first post. You might want to delete the words out entirely as someone might get the wrong idea as it is the final sentence in your post. At the least put a “-” before and after the sentence to stikethrough to reflect that it’s no longer current info.

Fresh on the forums and lurking around before registering here I decided to buy this flashlight, even not being around during his active days I felt for the cruel way life do handle us sometimes and him recently.

Now I got it, and a nice light it is, but it did not turn on so looked like a DOA.

Reading around a bit I stumbled on some posts that indicated perhaps more trouble with this model than usual.

Long story short,
I did fiddle around more with it and suddenly it came to life and I know that I read about the electronic switch on lumintop tool ti and that it needed some power if not used a while to rehabilitate and I strongly got a feeling that maybe a similar thing might be the case on the a01 not having been turned on for a while.

Yes pure “feeling” and speculations on top of that :slight_smile: but if so might help someone out.

-lyse99

Welcome aboard. Reading Justin’s posts are an education… Justin did some really cool stuff, just because it could be done. He was a member of our community and is really missed, but any member can contribute and make the forum even better than it is! That is the really cool thing about BLF, many active contributors and many good minds!

Once again… welcome aboard.

Thanks m8!
But now with a whole month as registred and +40 posts I am not that new anymore, but I really appreciate your Welcome nevertheless!

-lyse99

I noticed that but had not crossed paths with you and wanted to welcome you…

Ok, well I been gone a while and order as soon as I saw his wife would get a commission on these lights… After ordering I read more and got worried.

I am glad it got fixed, but I’m hoping they are still in stock and they are still honoring their agreement…

It’s a sad day in flashlight history for me. Seen him come and change the custom light scene here. Always wanted one, but the closest I got was commissioning him to build one for a giveaway…

RIP Old Lumens…

Well I just bought another. Wife saw it and wanted it… I told her the story and she said well go on and buy another, now! Lol…

Hope proceeds go where they belong.

Now driver… Is this next mode memory, or am I missing something?

Ordered mine – in memory of Justin.

Nguyen

Just found out that Justin (Old Lumens) has left us, and the blame goes to my inactivity on this forum for the past few months.

I have learned a lot from Justin through his Youtube videos and some messages exchange with him in the past. A great loss to the BLF community, and he will definitely be missed.

Me either. I found out Old Lumens has left when i saw some review comments on Banggood website yesterday. I was absent for four years and came back starting buying flashlight and batteries crazily :person_facepalming: .

Old Lumens, rest in peace.