IN STOCK!: L3 Illumination L10C @ SBflashlights

Nice flashlights, but shipping for Spain 15USD (46 USD is too much).

Is a great design.

Sale link on BLF said it is Nichia219B, but SBF shop said NVSL219AT-H1.

Which one is correct LED?

Also, can L10C accept 14500 li-ion battery?

It said 14500 is not recommended because of heat, but don’t say do not use 14500 because of circuit’s input voltage.
It means if I control it’s run time, there is not problem to use 14500?

Sorry for bad English.

:smiley: lol, a valiant effort for sure, but I’m not sure the switch would add ~19mm to the L10. The 10mm someone estimated earlier seems more realistic and would put it at 89mm.

I’ve used a 14500 in my L10 quite a bit, and it works great. The only problem is that some point along the way it stopped wanting to work with alkalines. Time will tell for this one.

Yeah, you’re right. :bigsmile:

Yeah, I can’t quite see it being 96mm either. I just removed the tail clicky from my Xeno S3A and even though it is a reverse clicky, its 12-13mm. Subtract the extra length of the keyring hole on the L10 which is about 4-5mm and then could only look at being an extra 8mm longer.

Of course, all speculation and will only have to wait a day before we will know for sure.

nice one, just when I needed an AA light.

Manual pdf (per link) says 79mm … but perhaps that is not the C version, too … mine is not handy atm …

Pretty good speculation IMHO.

Yeah that’s the spec for the regular L10.

I should add that I took my L10 to my bench top
belt sander and removed the lanyard attachment etc. to make it that much shorter. :slight_smile:

Sizes are now listed as 16.7x96mm.

96mm as guesstimated above , longer than I had hoped and somehow it has slimmed down from the regular L10 by 0.4mm which is good.

love the mode spacing on these, especially like the 4 mode. Anyone ever seen that orange one? Is that a nice shade? I have NEVER seen the Nichia 219 tint in person, is it that nice?

Oh my, where’s my prize!

I’d do a little song and dance about getting it right except I use 17.1 in the calculations.

Yes .

What is better is the tint of the objects being illuminated . If you haven't experienced a Nichia 219 , you really are missing out a little .

I hope the beam profile of these are better than the L10 , my sample was a tad ringy .

I think this will be my next 1x14500 build using a tiny 10dd FET driver like my E12 but this one will have a reflector. My wife has a pink (with link trits) as a backup EDC, my sister a red and my mom my old orange (with bottom sanded flat) all with N219, I think I’d like it with one of the XM-L2 S6 7D3’s I just got. The tiny10dd swapped lights do around 450-550Lm on high (with a 30sec turbo step down, depending on battery) and <2LM on moon (working on getting it sub 1Lm with different value resistors).

I’ve ways wanted a clicky L10, I’ll just have to do the driver /emitter swap and remove the clip and it’ll be about perfect.

Are the switch guts removable? Does the tail cap come off the tube somehow for access to the spring?

Hey Jack, thanks for stepping up. I used to be a ‘cool white’ aficionado, now it’s mostly ‘warm’ …. what will this do to me? It is getting very hard to resist this offering. As ToyKeeper mentioned, it’s a terrific EDC. Having a difficult time settling on a color, and NO I am not buying all 3!

That doesn’t seem typical though. I have a few L10s and only one reacted like that. I think it was from a very early batch, since it was a rather unpopular color, and later models have better anodizing.

I have a D25A and some L10s. The L10 is significantly smaller than the D25A. I expect the L10C will still be smaller than the D25A, even with the added length.

FWIW, here’s a size comparison of the D25A and L10, plus some other AA lights.

BTW, the L10 in this picture has been through at least as much use (and has been exposed to shampoo and such just as much) as the green L10 pictured above, but the gray one is still flawless aside from a little dent where I dropped it on pavement.

I have a couple L10Cs in the mail… should be here in a few days. I’m planning to do a review, and I’m really curious about things like whether it has a 219A or a 219B, whether it can still be used as a twisty, how the size compares to similar lights, etc.

Personally, I’d rather it still be twisty-only, to save the room used by the button and reduce the chance of water getting in, but it seems like it’ll probably still be better than any other EDC I’ve tried.

Heh, I have the same color 4 mode L10-219 as you. Hell, it looks like I have the same collection as you. The L10-219 is an absolutely fantastic flashlight, and I’ll be getting this new version for sure!

I also have the XP-G2 version in Orange and I like the color.

just curious here, if u preferred twisty why didn’t you buy the ‘older twisty’ model? About $10 cheaper. Are there any differences to the two versions other than a clip and switch. I know the previous one is smaller also. Now I’m considering the previous version.

(how come few carry this L3 Illumination?)