Interest in Intl-Outdoors 32mm Noctigon 4x XP-G , *Hank is going with a second run, YAY!*

All taken with G1X on a tripod, Manual , ISO 1600, f/5.6, 1/60th of a second exposure. Distance is approx 14’ to the fireplace. Sony C5 is down to 4.03V

Base, then Wide, then Soft Spot, then Soft Spot Polished

I can’t tell a lot of difference with the polished Soft Spot, perhaps some brighter but I’m not seeing a tighter beam profile. Charging the C5 now to see if total output went up with the polish.

Obviously Wide costs output. But it’s a flood of light for sure, might be better off leaving the triple as a mule…. didn’t think to shoot that for comparison.

Edit: These are XP-L V4 3D emitters, by the way.

Dale that clown though :~

This is all 3 Optics, Wide, Soft Spot, then Polished Soft Spot

Wide

Soft Spot

Polished Soft Spot

And I noticed that the Wide is somewhat shorter than the Soft Spot…

Not in focus, I know, manual focus with a close-up lens on the front of the point and shoot camera. Sorry.

These Cute-3 lenses are the ones designed for Intermatix emitters, whatever those are. They fit over domed XP-L emitters fine, supposedly also fit over XM Class.

Gain or no gain, I’m keeping the polished Soft Spot Optics in the light as it looks better and hey, I did the work! :stuck_out_tongue:

We keep the clown to mess with my brother. I like to move it, change it’s position on the sly, when he’s over here sometimes. lol

On the lightbox, the polished lens shows about 24 lumens more, difficult to tell if that’s real or a charge difference so it’s a wash.

That polished lens does look good. Thanks for the pictures and effort in putting this together.

Ok, I’m officially interested in doing this with my light when it gets here.

So put me down for one of them.

Soft Spot, Polished

Soft Spot

Wide

G1X on a tripod, Manual mode, 28mm at f/5.6, .5 second exposure on ISO 1600.

I just found these and emailed my contact @ sinkPAD requesting samples, no idea if they’re designed for the LEDIL Cute or not.

http://sinkpad.com/inner-product.php?id=43

Also, I found an amazing price on the medium CUTE triple’s, under $3 each and only have to buy in quantities of 10!

If they could do em in copper I’d really be interested. That Al pad, not so much.

DTP Cu for 3x XM’s

http://sinkpad.com/inner-product.php?id=44

Now ain’t that a beaut! Gotta get me some o those…

Just sent another email to my person there asking for 5, she’s always been good about helping me out, if I can get more than 1 I’m sending one your way. In the mean time tho start buggin’ Matt (VOB)!

Do Bridglux’s come in single color’s? I need a RGB option for that XM board

edit nevermind SM4’s are useless for flashlight’s, 12v or 6v at 350 or 700mA. Yuck

That board has the emitters in series.

That makes no difference to me. In fact being in series should make it even easier to convert to individually addressable.

Yeah cause the positive is all wired up… Just 2 points to cut into- looks like a nice rgb board

Just noting that for everyone else who was thinking they could just put it in an X6 without modifying it.

Thanks Richard, I didn’t notice that. :wink:

Still waiting on Hank… :bigsmile:

The cute-3 has always been my favorite multi-emitter lens and a perfect swap for old MR11 bulbs in Vistalight and Niterider set ups. For those, the 32mm Noctogon is better than the 35mm sink pad and giving them series/parallel option is icing in the cake. It’s a bit of a hassle but I’ve always preferred having a larger battery pack either in my back pack or mounted low on the frame to single cells on my head or the bars.

Also, based on Dale’s pic, I don’t think the 35mm sink pad version will fit the EE X6 w/o reducing the dia of the mcpcb by 3mm.

The Noctigon is a 32mm and took a little bit of filing.

Again, I didn’t notice that the SinkPAD is 35mm. Man, I must be sleepwalking…