Interesting new light from Yupard and quick review

Thanks for the update and pictures. How exactly is the driver glued in? are you referring to the control panel with the pushbutton, battery LEDs, and the 4 little screws, or are you talking about the battery contact board?

$16.49 at Dealsmachine.

Daylighter,

Thanks a dozen for the pictures! Really interesting “star”. I supposed the negative terminal is the body of the “star” itself, through the walls of the flashlight. It is held down by a retaining ring right? I wonder if there could be heat transfer issues because the only way heat could get out is through the sides of the “star”.

If you do managed to resistor-mod it, pls share with us. It is indeed an interesting light and I am sorely tempted to get one too! :bigsmile:

that’s what it looks like… it has retaining ring for the star

between the driver pill ( the one with power button ) and the battery tubing… it’s glued, I can see the driver with retaining ring… so when they put in the driver they must have glued that section afterward

So the battery tube is glued to the head?

yep… I can’t get it off, even after I used my blow drier ( maybe it’s not hot enough? )

We shall see how long mine holds out when I get it. I like a challenge J)

This looks very close to the Nitcore P25 Smilodon, ( the head is the same and the battery tube is the same) with cooling fins similar to the EC25 model, and a different switch & meter.

yeah you’re right they look very similar but Yupard is at 1/4 of the price of Nitecore P25 :smiley:

That’s what i like about the new Yupard is the good price. :slight_smile: even though i have a P25, i’m tempted to getting this Yupard to test out.

I just liked the light because the battery meter… it’s nice for once if you don’t have to guess how much battery left ( well you still have to guess little bit but it gives you an idea ) , especially when you left it in the trunk/glove compartment for a long time… oh yeah not to mention it’s cheap enough you can just toss it anywhere :slight_smile:

I’m curious on how accurate the batter meter is, ( what voltage the cell is at for each of the meter’s indications are. Also do the light shut down or give a warning when the cell approaches the low-safe limit of discharge.

well… we’ll never know now, I took out the 4 screws, and able to see the driver, good news is it’s has resistor on it, so it’s modable with resistor mod… bad news is, once I put everything back together… now the mode and the battery meter is not working anymore :_(

ouch* maybe a bad connection to the board or the meter ? hopefully you can get it to work again.