Interesting new "Romisen" XM-L competitor for C8

link?

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/romisen-rc-t602-cree-xm-l-t6-5-mode-850-lumen-white-3-led-flashlight-with-strap-black-1x18650-105981

CQG is also carrying it

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1318

If the Romisen had a Low mode I'd be all over it, but at least it does not have blinkies.

Great timing! I need to get another C8 light for a friend who already has a Keygos KE-5 and I think this one might top them all. I first read about the 2-mode version in another thread but then I had to search it to find the vendor since it wasn't mentioned. I'm happy to find out it's Shiningbeam and the price is even good!

If I happen to keep it, I think I will update driver anyway because I’m almost sure it has low PWM.

sry I made a post also on Rominsen RC-T601 forum

what is actually the best quality/price thrower? (budget under 25$)

RC-T601 is suggested by some but if is so good why can't find a complete review? :(

MixoMaxo:

Probably because almost everyone has a C8 style light now and they've been reviewed to death...

I found one for you (sort of). More of a mini-review spread over several posts, but it's by a rider who's opinion I trust and it's real world usage he's reporting on. My cyclist buddy with the 5 mode version loves his and if I were in the market for a new C8 it would be between the RC-T601 or the XinTD C8 (love the silver color).

ty BetweenRides, your post(that I read before and made me consider the rc-t601) and socalrider little review make me really wish that light but was great a more pro review with some beamshots comparison of SMO and OP reflector, current measurements, PWM evaluation and why not a piece of moon xD

btw it is out from more of 1 year almost like c8 (that as u said have reviews to death) still think that is weird that haven't reviews or youtube videos

XinTD looks well made like most intloutdoor's stuffs, but is a bit pricey, I can get the RC-T601 5 mode for 21$ with coupon at DD and adding DD points can get it for 18$ like a C8, the price of XinTD is rocked at 30$ a 67% more

mmh ok for 18$ with my invested point i think to get it, ty again xD

Looking forward to your 'pro review'!!! Laughing

jaja for sure I'm not skilled and don't have enought lights/tools to make a pro review :p adding that my poor english don't allow me even to get a try xD

I´ll try to do something when mine arrives, AFAIK pounder has one on the way also.

Well, not every light gets reviewed even if it sells quite some.

This has been available for long, if it now turns out to be a HIT compared to C8, I bet they are going to sell a few even to folks at here.

PWM is my guess for dealbreaker but that issue is also present with C8´s. No worries, got circuits and T5 XM-L´s (thanks Vectrex!) to mod it with if I really like it even as much as C8 :)

yeah i've been waiting for a review of this light since I first saw it..decided to finally buy it..I imagine PWM is there..hopefully it's not too bad..i'll bang out a review when I get it..couple shots and some readings..

I’m looking forward to your future review. Your careful research and cross checking of information will make your choice and evaluation informative. I am one of the few who don’t own a C8 type light, I want one and my choice is down to about three lights.

A practical review would help in my decision.

Mixo - your English is 100% better than my Italian! Sometimes just impressions are valuable - no need for the pro review.

ty cheapthrills at worst I can buy 1 of that, I just hope that have direct drive mode or something that give more of 2A

pounder, CT you own nice lights I'm curious of read your considerations :)

ty for the trust komichi xD but the terrible mix of china cheap mail and italian post/custom can make you wait for 2 months :P hopeful Pounder and cheap thrillis will do that for you(for me is too late xD)

ty for the sympathy xD, hope to don't cause you too many headaches while you read me :D

if it performs PAR w/ other C8s, the romisen is worth the extra $ for the shape/look, imho

if you weren't here finding the best deal you'd probably pay that much for a sub par one :)

do you have one? what's the opinion on PWM? bad, decent? thanks

oh, no, or i'd definitely share some specific info on it here

i just think it looks a bit better than most c8s, despite the lack of (and my fondness for) knurling

haha no problem..I misread your post and missed the "if" part at the start..sounded like you had one..