Is a broken LED bulb safe to use?

Yeah, but 22.8 years later when it blows someone could get hurt unscrewing it if the power is on. :bigsmile:

> years later

By then you’ll probably have upgraded your electrical box:

I was in a guy's shop this week and I kept noticing a very strange looking light bulb.... finally, I got close enough to see that it was an LED bulb that someone had knocked the glass off of.... I asked him about it and he said it had been that way over a year. He said they had it scotch taped together for a long time before it all fell apart.

I wouldn't want to do that but apparently it doesn't hurt them. TL

What does that have to do with this?
AFCIs don’t protect against electrocution. They protect against arcing which can cause fires.

Sparks will eventually happen and the glass is there to catch them.
Is it just me with everything electric? Old car distributors, mobil chargers
and an old cpf bulb that turned into a firespitting dragon. :slight_smile:

the cheaper the bulb the fewer active components.and less likely to be isolated from the line.and no buck,boost or flyback.

E-mail the company and see if they will send a replacement as a goodwill gesture.
Perhaps the store does returns, its clearly not a defect but again goodwill may be extended.

If the voltage is high voltage,like AC110V,AC230V,Then pls do not take a risk on it,it’s…very dangerous.better to buy a new one.

spam.

isnt an incandescent direct? Its the same thing, if its broken dont grab the inside while turned on.

Run immediately outside and roll on the grass and then rinse off with the garden hose. Those shell are there for health reasons and your protection of potentially lethal chingamaldehyde gasses and tetranite radiation. Electrical shock is the least of your worries. Again quickly roll in the grass and rinse off with the garden hose as this will neutralize any of the contaminants. This can be done while clothed or naked depending if it is daytime or nighttime.

It is better to have it replaced with a new bulb. Someone else might get hurt if it goes unnoticed. If you really want to use it, you can fix it to a ceiling light fixture out of harm’s way.