Is there an affordable battery capacity tester ?

I would like to buy a zketech EBD or EBC but the taobao page is all chinese, aliexpress price is sky high (higher than a hobby charger).
And anyway marking on zketech product are all chinese so it’s not very user friendly.
But a discharger that can be connected on USB is exactly what I am searching for, no a hobby charger that have precise balance charging as I do not balance batttery pack.

Finally got 2 Keeppower 18650’s in the mail. Charged em up using a nitecore i4

Discharging right now using an Accucel 6 to 2.8V @ 1A discharge rate.

Let’s see how these perform. Hopefully I get close to the claimed capacity so I won’t have to open the shrink wrap to check for china trash.

How did you set it to discharge to 2.8 volts? I can’t seem to set my Accucel to less than 3 volts.

Navigate to NiMH Dischange mode & set the final voltage to 2.8V

Ahh… of course - Thanks! Sorry for the OT but do you guys use the Lion 3.6 volt mode or the other 3.7 volt mode when charging?

3.6V for Li-Ion
3.7V for LiPo

I use my nitecore i4 though for 18650s and nimh. Slower but easier.

Thanks - I have also been using the 3.6 volt Li-ion mode, but have noticed that the final voltage is only about 4.10 volts, so I was thinking that the LiPo mode would get it closer to 4.20. Advisable? Maybe even dangerous?

The result for the first Keeppower 3400mah is in. I only for 3090 mAh out of it using my accucel 6. Discharged it down to 2.8V @ 1A using the Nimh discharge function.

What a disappointment… That is a good 310 mAh less than advertised. Should I open to check if it is a true panasonic cell ?

Testing the 2nd keeppower cell now.

Perhaps it gets higher after a couple of charges/discharges - or maybe that’s myth I don’t know.

Your missing more like 70-120mAh (for 1A down to 2.8v). Test / Review: Keeppower 18650 3400mAh Black. Full capacity is only at lower current & down to 2.5v. Panasonic actually gives a typical capacity of 3350mAh, minimum 3250mAh. NCR-18650B specs

I would check the cell anyway tho. As long as you have shrink wrap.

Battery life will last longer if you charge them to 4.10 , .1 v ain’t gonna make a huge difference in run times

I am looking for a quality battery tester. I have a Xtar VC4 charger but it wont show me discharge rates. would the
AccuPower-IQ338XL-Battery-Charger-Tester- be a good option? I like the new Xtar Dragon VP4 Plus but a 100 dollars is a bit much right now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :smiley:

Does anyone have thought on this Xtar unit? Would it be good for testing discharge rates and capacity? Thanks :slight_smile:

Opus BT C3100 is the answer (if you have a separate room because there is a noisy fan).

Wow, sweet charge and a great price. Thanks :smiley: