Is this real? crazy 32000 lumens (video inside) edit:its the real deal.

That’s a crappy video. They chose a location with artificial lighting visible in the field of view; the light looks no brighter than a SRK.

I’m not saying it doesn’t emit lumens in the 25k to 32K range, it just isn’t evident in the video. Anyone agree?

More than that, it looks to be essentially a mule light, how is it getting the lux readings their claiming.

Then consider, €1200 is close to £1200…… I’m sorry, but your getting on for $1800

So would you spend so much on a cobbled together mule light with a ryobi battery pack?

I wouldn’t.

He did say "We run the LEDs at low current of 1.4 to a maximum of 1.8 Amps". At 1.8 amps it is possible to hit 32000 lumens.

Thank you jalben for doing what i was too lazy too, nice pics you posted there, so this really has 48 xml’s, that’s pretty mad. Can’t wait to browse their website when it’s set up, though i think browsing is all i’ll be doing atm. Google says E1200 is £975 hmm. Looks to me they have used some custom optics/TIR/reflector lens although, its a wide beam it does have a pronounced beam which i don’t think it would have if it didnt have individual optics. I’m quite facinated by how they can fit so many led’s in a tiny space and make it work and not have a meltdown etc etc.

So my mum gave me £1000 for xmas, hoping i would buy a car, but i came home with a flashlight and a domino’s pizza ha ha. sorry joke.

you can see vents behind the bezel on the bottom side… im sure there is some sort of active cooling going on here…

They specifically mention active cooling… there is a fan in there.

Holy crap!

AGREED. From the video, I’m totally unimpressed. I’ve seen 100W maglites put out more impressive beams.

My thoughts as well. It doesn’t seem like its really 32000 lumens looking at the beam and spill. Maybe like 5000. I’m not saying it isn’t for sure, just that subjectively it doesn’t look like that.

i think its posible

it appears to use the fan of this thing. its very good idea

the battery are 18v battery, maybe 6s lifepo4 or 5s li-ion

i think the 48 led are in 6s 8p configuration

fullchargued the battery must have arround 20v…. 20/6= 3.33v

this other video its nice too it appears to have some tipe of zoom focus

That is pretty hilarious that light is actually a hacked Ryobi vaccum. There is no way in hell I would pay $1800 for that thing, though. Maybe $250 max.

the Price of one xm-l2 is arround 5$ 5$ x48= 240$

the Price of the vacum are arround 35$

and the price of the batteries maybe arround 70$ or more

i think no way to build this for less off arround 400$

omg this other guy have use 49 xm-l

see the last minute of the video vs car lights and Street lights, are impresive

400 KCD :slight_smile: In their dreams maybe… Or measured 0,5M from the light.

I found more pictures….

24 Cree XML LEDS 20000 Lumen

72 CREE MKR @ 0.95AMp 103500Lumen for 4 x 4 car

72 MKR at lowest power 20Watts

I know its an old thread - but I thought you might be interested that I will be getting one next week.
They are now using XH-P70 leds (which I put them onto :slight_smile: and can achieve 60,000 lumens - mine will do 50,000 because I wanted reliability in preference to all out lumens.

NatGeo have bought 5 of these lights to film the worlds biggest cave, you can see them being used on some youtube video’s - bare in mind the natgeo lights were designed as mules (no optics) for even lighting for filming also they were turned down to 30,000 lumens as they would be used constantly for hours on end rotating out heaps of batteries also they have MK-R leds. the lights were sold to the local guides when finished as they were so impressed, so NatGeo had to buy more. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJuqrpU81XZvFP4-E1XDoKg

The head is now made of Alu on a CNC lathe - and body now comes in ether standard green,Cammo, Carbon fibre or Black for now maybe more colors to come.

The controls:

1st switch on top of light:
Push button, on/off locked, with rubber seal,
Red anodised aluminium “missile launch” safety cover with mini magnets
Light main power on/off

2nd switch on body under handle:
Toggle switch with 3 positions rubber cap
(left position) fan speed normal/(middle position) fan speed off/ (right position) fan speed high.
Fan speed goes also up and down with dimmer rotation button.

3rd switch on body under handle:
Toggle switch with 2 positions rubber cap
narrow beam/wide beam

4th a Control knob on body under handle:
Rotation button with scale and lock up
Dimmer: from 0,01 Watt, 1 Lumen to 320 Watt, 50.000 Lumen
Rotation button has a lock up lever that, if locked you can’t accidentally turn it.

Runtime at full power (320 Watt) with the 5.0 Ah battery will 15-20 minutes.
I measured 16,7 Amps at 19.2 Volts = 320,64 Watt from the 4.0Ah battery
At 10.000 Lumen it will be around 1 hour 30 minutes
At 2.500 Lumen (still one Xenon HID car light) 5 hours.

Pics please.lol

Would be better if they use the largest possible cree cob led to fit in there.

I don’t get it till next week - they are doing a new photo shoot to update their website this week then post the light to me, so if you see a carbon one on their site it’s mine :slight_smile: