Jaunt on DD was only $40 but now back up to $130.99

I wonder if anyone tried this..

I actually had it in my cart for a day or so, including sending it was close to $80
so Im just looking for a review..

ChibM, you can check out the reviews at CPF's spotlight forum. I have many beamshots and measurements there. Some like it, some don't.

We use quite a few of these units (65 watters) for the birds nest houses and plantation (security/patrol). It does not like to be dropped though esp from 40-50m height (LOL!)..... so we got JB RRT-2 XM-L as backup. Yes, HIDs do not like to be dropped. Except if yours is a Polarion CSWL, man when i first held that it was orgasmic.

One very big difference between HIDs and LEDs is, HIDs like heat, LED emitters and drivers don't. The ballast runs hot but no failures so far (you could use some foil to improve the heatsinking to host). That impacts runtime. You can do nearly 4000 lumens OTF for 2 hrs and it'd be good. Try that with LEDs.

Disclaimer, if you are doing long runtimes, do it outfield or in a big enough room. If possible do not hold it in your hand. This is not an indoor toy for you to whack nearly 4000 lumens OTF.

Stollman does not like it for his caving use though.... oh well.

Thanks 2100, Ill have a read