Jax Z1 XP-G2 S2 dedomed @5A

Thanks! Can you also post the “top markings” on those two SOT-23 parts?

Maybe one of them is a LVP circuit as nickelflipper describes in this thread: alltoclear - Nanjg Clone Driver with 12F683 MCU Question

I will try to look more closely later!

the one beside the mcu has a symbol followed by 528, the one at the side isn’t very clear on the chip itself but it looks like xocv or x0cv followed by a horizontal 18. There is a little circle under the letter “C”. A rough check looks almost like this schematic for the mcu, fets and leda on here http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1316037

And btw i have changed from xml2 to mtg2 using 2x26650 and running on stock driver. It is super bright =) Wonder if i can put a third battery if the linear reg for 5v supports higher voltage.

Hi Kenji, did you notice how much the precise centering of the LED affected the maximum lux measurement? I am working on modding the Jax-Z1 and with a de-domed XP-G2 and the stock driver at 3A I get a lux value of 130klux@1m. I don’t have a XP to XM adaptor and I suspect any off-centering is affecting the throw. At 3A I don’t expect to get the same value of lux that you got but maybe 170-180klux is reasonable?

Hy,

that sounds good. Mine was measured at about 215 KLux@5A and that would be around 129 KLux when running at 3A. So i think you are on a good way.

Greetings

Kenjii

Thanks again Kenjii, I love my Jaz Z1 with LD-1 driver working on one 26650.

It’s nice companionship for my Maxtoch M12 that does around 230Kcd on one 26650, with XM L2. :wink: :bigsmile: 8)

Nico, from Amsterdam :wink:

By the way: the experiment Xandre wrote about: trying an aluminum collar in this light, did not work out……….not matter, it’s a great little thrower with the LD-1 driver.
Nice and compact, great finish, great performance.

We’ll try the collar experiment in another light: TN31 with dd XP G2 S2.

Grtz
Nico

Try it at my pointer…