JAXMAN X1 26650/18650 Long range throw flashlight with Cree XPL HI

Welcome to BLF, jaxman. I like your brand because your flashlights are decent quality, are not too expensive and use quality leds that you do not see very often. You can see that there has been put some thought in the designs. And the descriptions on your Aliexpress shop are accurate!

I have just entered the world of 26650 lights, this one looks like it could be a winner! Is it all glued together, or can it be disassemble by hand? It screams for a fet driver, but then it might be more than should be handed to the average consumer.

Matt

Jaxman, How about a Group buy on this light, I know alot would pick one up.

+1… GROUPBUY FOR X1 HOST!!

This is the same light as Convoy L2, same size,same reflector, centering ring for hpl-hi etc….But L2 use much better driver with CC

By the looks the L2 is bigger, with wider head and reflector. At first glance the X1 seems to be the same size of a Z1 which is pocket friendly.

Yes, the X1 is closer to the size of a convoy X3. The L2 has an almost 10mm larger head. So this is not a completely direct competitor to the L2, but it definitely will take some of the same buyers.

Edit:
I am talking about new L2

It’s the same size can’t you see the same specific reflector as on L2. Just checked my L2 head diameter and its 62mm so just about 3 mm bigger then X1 contributed to thicker outside wall’s and 50 + grams in weight

Hi,

by ” whole metal body” do you mean it has an integrated shelf, a pill-less design? That’d be great.

Hunting flashlight and 6500k colour temperature are like water and oil: 5000k tops, the warmer, the better

Otherwise its a nice looking flashlight, 322 grams is reasonable, SMo reflector( hope the hotspot is good enought), Direct thermal pad…the only thing that it lacks is the side button

I just ordered it, no coupon, no discount, nada. Even had to paid for shipping. Not that there are many choices for single 26650 pocketable thrower... And I have skipped the L2 in order to wait for its big brother L6.

[quote=chouster] by " whole metal body" do you mean it has an integrated shelf, a pill-less design? That'd be great. [/quote]

Like other Jax flashlights, this one also uses a brass pill design. Whole body means that the head and the tube is made from the same piece of aluminium. Brass pill is not necessarily bad, my Jax X6 hunter has a XHP50 driven 5A and it heats up evenly. I promise to do a quick review when it arrives.

Found on a chinese forum:

I have a couple of their lights and they are on par with the best of the budget brands and could maybe work to one of the 2 top spots, purely my opinion… Take it for what it is worth. I will end up with one of these, may skip modes to the L3 and go straight to this beast.

Matt

I wonder what it would cost for just the host? I would want to change the driver so i would be more interested in the host than in the completed light. If the cost was right?

I would completely agree, I would change the driver and likely choose a slightly different tint and would want it on a Noctigon or a Sinkpad. So, host would be perfect!

It looks like the the mcpcb is direct thermal path; I wonder if it works as well as Sinkpad or Noctigon? I would think so?

In fact, we pretend to care to annouce its distance.
but,I think 200metres is a probale distance.

hi,dear,
as a flashlight fans,I understood your love of making a flashlight yourself.
Yes,we can provide host for you.
pls mail me:
zx.bao@foxmail.com, or give me order on Aliexpress.

my pleasure,dear all.

I’m sure it throws quite a bit further than 200 meters, I’d say about 800 at least.

Have you taken any thought to having a group buy on these lights here, I am sure we could get alot of members to buy one.