Kame Sennin entry for Old Lumen challenge 2019 [hand made]

Seeing this makes me think our hand made entries are long lost cousins!

This thread all gone a bit quiet, I presume you are ok? (hope so)
The deadline is getting near and there is a lack of working photo’s/ video - all these bit will probably add precious points. :wink:
You’ve obviously been off a while, but I hope you get back in time to finish it all up :+1: :slight_smile:

I think the light is on in the picture I quoted above. I presume it’s made to be a low light, with it being a joule thief circuit.

Sorry for the lack of news !

I am ok but since the end of december i have been left, once again, with a very crapy (slow and unstable) internet connection that makes browsing any thread with pictures nearly impossible (please everyone accept my apologies for not commenting on your threads but i just can't see what you are doing).

Anyway i admit that i never intented to post a video as i am not a video guy (i rarely watch them if i have an other way to find the informations i need) and a 5 lumens max torch's beamshot isn't that impressive so i don't feel like it's really missing ;)

So a quick update after two monthes of daily use :

During thiis time i have used the torch every evening for bed reading (where the box shape helps a lot to keep it pointed exactly where i need the light to be) and every night when i have to "zombie walk" to the toilets, and am very pleased with it.

The battery voltage was at only about 0.6-0.7 volts under load and the light output was starting to feel a bit low for comfortable reading so i changed it before this picture but it was still very usable for roaming the house at night.

The only improvement i can think of would be to have an adjustable output wich i intented to do on a second version of the torch until i undesrstood that i was only allowed a single light for the contest so the dimable version will be for later (i am supposed to be back with a normal connection soon so i will try to post some picture even if not for the contest)

Well done on completing your build :THUMBS-UP: