KD (kaidomain): Deals and new products thread

Thanks,the problem is that Leds are already shipped now,Hope to receive the right Bin…
Did you ask Fireflies here?

Yes contact him through PM. It normally takes a few days and sometimes even weeks for him to respond because he doesn’t check very often. It’s the same with emailing.

But it is worth the wait because his JA3 are very nice. I posted measurements in the E07 thread.

Hi friends

New Cree XHP35.2 HD is available now

Cree XHP35.2 HD E2 1A White 6500K LED Emitter

Enjoy

The XHP50.2 3V 2A 6000K is out of stock. When will it be available again?

Hi

The K2 2A is sold out.

I get a new wheel is K2 1C.

I will post it on today.

Thank you

Ban

Thank you, BanL.

Is there any chance you would be able to source a more neutral white XHP50.2 3V like 2D or 3A? Below BBL (A or D) would be perfect.

The 2A looks nice neutral white when dedomed. 1C might be too cold for me.

It seems like other than a handful for the Astrolux EC01 there simply aren’t any 3V XHP50Bs with warmer temp out there. Even the EC01 had an issue where the “5000K” models were identical to the “6500K” ones, don’t know if that ever actually got sorted out.

Sofirn claims to have the 3V XHP50.2 in 3A or 3B. In the Cree datasheet there are 2A, 2D, 3A and 3D listed which would be some nice bins.

But of course you never know if Cree actually makes them. I don’t know why it is more difficult to make 4000K or 90CRI 3V XHP50.2 than 6500K or 5000K 68CRI. :question:

Haikelite wanted to bring out the HK04 with 5000K 3V XHP50.2 but apparently the leds have not arrived in time.

Thanks for posting these test results!

Curious why the 3x XPL-HI only does about half it’s rated output (max 2000lm) …while the 3x 219C is nearly spot-on to its rating (max 1000lm)
I’m not surprised to see the the underrated output, kinda figured that to some extent, but I am surprised to see the 3* 219C is hitting its claimed max rating.

Were the tests done on a power supply/heat sink setup or in a flashlight body?
Could the 3x XPL-HI have a different driver that requires a higher amperage cell?

I’ve also been looking at the quad 219C with a claimed output of 1600lm, so after comparing these test results now I’m wondering if the quad 219 would in reality be brighter than the triple XPL-HI

I really don’t know why. Both were tested in the same P60 host and battery. Maybe the XPL-HI is a very low flux bin. I haven’t checked the efficiency tables.

Because it’s CRI90?

Thanks, ok looking over the specs on these here’s something I found:

Drive Current of the 3*XPL-HI is 5000mA (6000mA max.)
Drive Current of the 3*219C is only 2800mA max.

Is it possible the cell you used had no problem with 2.8A but maybe fell a little short for the XPL-HI’s 6A for max.?
For example an 18650B protected are only rated for 5A, so it probably wouldn’t achieve max output on the 3*XPL-HI.

<>
<>

The quad 219C drop-in has an Output Current of 4000mA (5000mA max.) so it requires considerable more current than the 3*219C does to achieve max output, so now I’m even more optimistic that one will come close to its rating too.

I think I’m going to get both, the 3*XPL-HI in 5000k and quad nichia 4000k, if I do I’ll try and post some output comparison figures here later.

Which is CRI90?

The 3*XPL-HI isn’t high cri…

The 3*219C is CRI92

Unless I’m missing something?

Plus doesn’t the higher CRI usually have less output?

This is the post you quoted:

which states CRI90 after the XPL-HI 3000K, that’s what i was referring too. In my opinion the 2000 lumen spec in the advert applies to the 6500K option, SKV89 tested the 3000K option from which you would expect less lumens, and which SKV89 believes is CRI90. If the 6500 non HCRI version is rated for 2000 lumens then switching the LEDs to the 3000K CRI90 could account for the 50% drop in lumens. (There are 4 LED options available in that link.)

Yes, that’s the point :slight_smile:

I included the CRI measurements in this table

Hmmm… guess I was missing something then :slight_smile:

The 3*XPL-HI drop-in at KD doesn’t list any CRI so I didn’t think it was high CRI so I never even noticed CRI90 in the line I copied from SKV89’s chart. :person_facepalming:

I didn’t see any other 3*XPL-HI modules listed on KD so I’m wondering if they changed the LED’s since SKV89 bought his? But anyway both modules he tested are high CRI.

It just that SKV89 believes that that the 3000K XP-L HI are 90CRI. IIRC there aren’t any bins of that emitter below like 3300K that aren’t 90CRI minimum, per the spec sheet so it would make sense.

Good to know, thanks!

Can anyone advise on this emitter? I don’t recall ever reading about it and couldn’t find much on it:

Seoul SZ5-M2

3000k or 4000k CRI80

The output rating is near the same as the quad 219C but this only draws 2.8A vs 5A (1400lm vs 1600lm)

I saw that the other day and thought it was very interesting too!

Wonder if they’re from the same company making the ultra-high CRI “SunLike” emitters that have been discussed here on BLF. That would be a good pedigree lol