Keeppower 14500

Dear shrike3612,

Thanks for your great support.Most CNqualitygoods 14500 are cell made in China,their price can show that.

It is not over rated,it is normal to have 100mAh capacity deviation for li-ion batteries.
You can view the best cell Panasonic NCR18650B,its capacity datasheet shows:3300-3400mAh.

Hope this can be helpful.

Also, I want to know what Keeppower battery was reviewed by HKJ. From HJK review of Keepower 14500, IC made in Japan. There is no mention about where Cell is made from, but HKJ wrote Cell is Sanyo UR14500P 840mAh.

From Paipai photos, we knew that Keeppower 14500 was reviewed by HKJ is DLG not the Sanyo.

I don’t know what cell is really reviewed by him.

In my opinion Keeppower didn’t rightly say to him for what cell made from.

Dear,
It is not keeppower not rightly put.
It is time,you can view HKJ test time,and in that day,we only have sanyo 14500.

With keeppower developing,many customers ask us sourcing for some chinese cell 14500,you know,sanyo is a little expensive.
So we have more products.But it is our responsibility not update all information.

We will take this issue very seriously and make amendments.
Anyway,all changes will declare in our offical web in the future.

According to this German site, DLG 14500 is actually superior to Sanyo 14500 in terms of capacity, with Keeppower 14500 (DLG inside) being 808 mAh, and unprotected Sanyo UR14500P being just 730mAh.

http://dampfakkus.de/akkuvergleich.php?akku1=160&akku2=242&akku3=20&akku4=&akku5=&akku6=&a=2

I have not tested the DLG cells, but I get 770 to 780mAh for the protected Sanyo at 2A load, this has been tested with batteries from two different suppliers.

I ordered a keeppower 14500 from CNqualitygoods based on HKJ’s review. I haven’t received it yet but am now confident that it will be a DLG cell. I think these problems could be avoided if the original review where edited to make readers aware of the difference in cells sold under the Keeppower name. I would never have ordered the DLG cell had I known. I don’t believe there is any intent on Keeppowers (and cetainly not HKJ’s) part to deceive since this kind of confusion can only serve to make it difficult for them to sell their better cells. Perhaps Keeppower could improve their labeling.

DLG cells are usually not UL listed while Sanyo/Panasonic etc. are.

@Keeppower: I bought these cells:

http://www.msitc-shop.com/akkus/2er-pack-lithium-ionen-akku-18500-3-7v-1500-mah/a-346/

Clearly says "cell and IC made in Japan". I opened them up and found chinese cells. My dealer didnt know about it and never found out. Since the cells are fine, I didnt really care, but I decided to not buy Keeppower cells again. This is not a case of mislabeling because its been like that for about 2 years. Thats not a tiny "oops", thats planned. Now you try to say it was a little mistake because you got caught..

Keeppower, if you want people to recover confidence in your batteries start using CLEAR shrink wrap.

Its hard to recommend keeppower after seeing your poor quality control.

Its been going on for 2 years? When did you buy your DLG cells labeled as Sanyo? Are there other cases of mislabeled keeppower?

Cat eyes, your posts are going downhill. “lololololololol” doesn’t add anything to the thread. People will start ignore you & what your trying to say will get lost.

NC,

Can you take a photo of the cell?

Thanks.

Calvin is discussing Wallbuys, whereas cat eyes is discussing the images quoted in this thread.
Hopefully that clears it up for everyone.

Keeppower, I will provide an easy way to ensure this does not happen in future and for doing so, you will afford a forum group buy deal through Calvin @ Illumination Supply for their support of you.

Change the colour of either the cells or the labels so each item is different.
Example below…
Japanese made cell and IC = cyan (blue) label.
Japanese made IC only = Indigo (purple) label.
This will ensure there is NO confusion for the alleged staff that are unable to read English, as it’s now a c olour based system.
Include on the label…
Cell = Japan/China or where ever it came from.
IC = Japan/Chine or wherever it came from.

It is NOT HARD to implement something simple like this if you actually respect your customers and their end users.
I look forward to your post agreeing that this is simple to do to ensure the best quality and no misunderstandings in future and the group buy through IS for once off deals upon your Made in Japan cells and IC.

I bought mine February this year.

They looked like this (I rewrapped them):

Thats not even DLG but "Great Power Batteries Inc." or "Entitec" or something like that.

And I have my doubt about which cell HKJ tested. But even if he tested one with a Sanyo cell inside, there are a few weird things.

He published this test in April 2012:

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Keeppower%2018500%201500mAh%20(Black)%20UK.html

We'll assume its a Sanyo cell. Nominal capacity 1700mAh. Why does it say 1500mAh then? Keeppower being the first chinese cell-maker to understate capacity? Yeah, and rainbows are the farts of unicorns.

Of course Keeppower wants us to believe it was just a tiny mistake in labelling. A mistake that noone noticed for about 2 years. Even if that is true, why would I trust a company with such bad quality control? Thats even worse than just putting on wrong labels and hoping nobody will notice.

I am a bit dissapointed with the mislabelling. But having dealt with keeppower directly myself I would like to stress that they are not a shady company at all and are generally very specific, competent and knowledgeable with and about their products.

Mistakes do happen, it is still ultimately their fault and does suggest issues with QC, but I don’t believe it was deliberate or ‘fraud’. I’m sure they will take this opportunity to improve on their QC process (hopefully clearly labelling brand of cell inside each of their products, perhaps colour coding the ‘keeppower’ name according to the colour of the cell inside, or providing clear wrapping) and it won’t stop me purchasing from them in the future.

Well, just like any company, they only want our best.. our money. You cant apply the same standards as with western companies.

They either shilled their customers or their QC sucks. Thats both pretty bad when dealing with LiIon cells.

*Dear borked,

I really appreciate your kind suggestions.
Actually we have made new labels with different capacity, i have posted the pictures at #30. : )
If we use a 840mAh label for KeepPower 14500 battery, that means the cell inside is Sanyo UR14500P.
And if the label shows a 800mAh capacity, the cell must be DLG.

In future orders, if any client find a 840 capacity label but a DLG cell inside, we will shut up and pay for all his losses.

“KeepPower” is our baby, nobody will be intended to destroy their baby, right?
The best and only solution of this issue is that we will justify our words by actions.

Best Regards,
Jane Li from KeepPower*

Dear RedForest,

Your words are really matters to me.
It’s not easy to build a brand nowadays, especially a brand from China.
This is a significant lesson that teach us how important are the details.

Of course we will take this opportunity to improve on our QC process, in future, we will bring more and more quality products in return for your trust.

Once again, thank you very much. : )

Best Regards,
Jane Li

Dear all,

We take seriously attention to this problem, later today we will release official explanation in our website, i will post the webpage at here when it is available.

Explanation may not make sense and we prefer spend more time on products and service.
If you need any help of our products, please contact me at jane@keeppower.com.cn.

Thanks for all your time.
Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Jane Li from KeepPower

Dear all,

We take seriously attention to this problem, later today we will release official explanation in our website, i will post the webpage at here when it is available.

Explanation may not make sense and we prefer spend more time on products and service.
If you need any help of our products, please contact me at jane@keeppower.com.cn.

Thanks for all your time.
Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Jane Li from KeepPower

In my book, you don’t get a second chance with this kind of oversight.
As posted earlier, the mistake was made over 10 months ago.
How many of there wrongly labeled cells are in the distribution channels.
We all know that China can make millions of units in short order.
There is no way to assure anyone that we are not receiving old stock.
Most manufacturer’s make a significant product appearance change after this type of incident (or incident of counterfeiting by another manufacturer).

Making all affected batteries with a different color wrappers or redesigned label will be the only way to restore any level of confidence with buyers.

Also, how many cell types are actually affected? I have seen 18500 and 14500 mentioned so far. Have any 18650 been affected?
And, has then been any mislabeling of capacity in any of these incidents?

Again, my life depends on accurate labeling. All my lights are calibrated to known new OEM Panasonic cells so I know my exact runtime.

I'll quote myself because Paipai has not answered to my post yet. ;)