Killed my soldering workstation - Get another Weller, or a Hakko?

Isn’t it great!

Yeah, I can actually get a proper solder join onto pills now. And it doesn't cook itself to death if you set it down for 5 minutes setting up the next part to be soldered, like my previous dumb irons. Just need to pick up an assortment of tips... which are not cheap, by the way. xD

I’m in need of some tips myself.

Nags Head in the fourth to win at Hialeah…

14 17 23 31 42 49 in the Powerball…

I’m glad you aren’t a rabbi.

I have a Hakko FX-888 and love it.

Hi,

Thanks for the tip (sorry for the pun :)!). That’s an amazing deal for $16+! I might do as you did (get one as a spare), but how much was the shipping (in U.S.)?

I have an el-cheapo 50W stick iron as my backup now, but this would be a lot nicer!

Edit: Yikes! Shipping would be $14.37 USPS… almost doubles the price :(…

Hi,

I did consider that, but, for example, the price of the pencil alone (which I know blew) was something like $45.

PES51 replacement pencil for WES51/WESD51 $36: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000DZA5AC/

According to the replacement parts list in the box the heater is available separately, Weller pn# PES201, though I haven't looked to see if it'd be worth it when compared to $36 for the complete assembly.

And an assortment of tips, not genuine Weller, but they work great: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160996197759

Remember the Maine!

do they have a F.... maine pin?

I couldn't find a pin.

So here's a T-shirt:

thanks raccoon... ill take 7

if it wasnt for family, i would be loooooooooong gooooooone

high cost of living, low wages. high unemployment rates, low unemployment benefits. high welfare rates..... yay for maine! lets hand our money out to refugees

See, the reason this kind of talk doesn't belong here is because someone else might be tempted to come along and offer up some reasons for why you could see those things as good things and that the alternative, such as living somewhere no immigrants/migrants would ever want to live, would be a far worse place to live than the one with the things you're upset about, and then the discussion goes off in all kinds of crazy directions no one wants.

I'm sure some people here hold views I would find absolutely repellant and disgusting, but I'd prefer not to know who they are. There are an abundance of dark holes on the internets where you can go to find like-minded people who are all het up about lazy, smelly foreigners stealing all our good jobs (I never was able to square those two things, laziness plus stealing all the jobs, but I guess it will remain forever a mystery).