Knives

They have all arrived as of today. They are all nice and the good/bad points are as I expected.

The "rescue knife" SRM T01a has a safety for the liner lock which is unnecessary and a little annoying. It makes it hard to close with just one hand. The seat belt cutter and bottle opener/screw driver both have liner locks which are not needed.

The blade is partially serrated (which is primarily why I purchased this knife). I'm going to keep this knife in my backpack in case I need to cut rope/cord.

This knife also has a glass breaker.

Edit: I managed to take apart and remove the liner safety lock.

The little 605 is great. It's small but has a cut out in the bottom of the blade for your finger (choil) so if you use that you can get all 4 fingers on the handle. All of these knives have thumb posts and can be opened with one hand. They all have liner locks as well. This one is more or less an edc for me.

The Bee L05-1 is a larger knife and is heavier than the others. With the rosewood scales it feels very nice in the hand. These all have clips by the way (although I plan on removing them). The jimping on the liner lock is a little heavy for my liking. It's just a little tough on the fingers when moving the liner lock. It's not bad however.

The GB9-707 is what many would use as an edc. It's a very nice knife with black G10 and has the roughed-up edge (jimping) on the spine of the blade as well as on the liner lock (so your fingers don't slip). It has a black clip that blends in well. Some people don't like the white SRM label on the side of one of the scales.

You can pop it off but it leaves an indent. I popped it off and hit it with matte black spray paint and popped in back on (just the label).

Mine also has a "tiger stripe or camo" look on the blade. Some don't like that. I don't mind as it's well done and makes it a bit different. It would be better if the sharpened part of the blade didn't extend the entire length. Most of the other knives have an unsharpened portion at the end of the blade as it goes into the body. This keeps the blade from nicking your finger as it comes back after moving the liner lock.

The liner lock is easy to move on the 605 and harder on the others. It seems about right on the 707 however. All will probably get easier with time and use. The blades can all be opened one-handed but some are stiffer than others. This should get easier over time as well and slight differences in opening technique helps as well.

If I could just have two of these it would be the 605 for convenience and the L05-1 for looks and for just a good all-around knife.

The Rescue Knife (T01a) does what I wanted it to do however and the 707 knife is nice as well and would probably be the favorite for many.

The 707 is similar to my Boker Plus Exskelibur II. The Boker weighs less and opens easily one-handed without having (or needing) thumb posts and is a good value at $35 or so online but these SRM and Bee lights are unbelievable for their prices.

These were my first knives with thumb posts. I have to say "thanks" to everyone on BLF who mentioned the SRM (and Enlan) knives as being a good deal. I hadn't heard of them before and wasn't really in the market for more knives but I'm very glad I got these.

Yes that is the case of many buyers here...want everything rush, want free shipping, go to PayPal right away if any issue. And want the cheapest price...and want coupon.

Actually I feel sad for the vendors sometimes.

I agree with you,in near future,we will set our own office/warehouse in the main counties.so we can ship and packing goods in your local.

At present,you can purchase from our agency in your country,as there is already a lot distributors who deal in your local.we should bring the chance let them make money first,then they will keep wholesale from us. this is the 2win way,isn't it?

Ah I think I do own the t01a from your description, forgot the names. I like it for EDC but I put a little bit of plastic in the secondary lock and then glued it so it's redundant.

As for the bottle openers, all bottled beer in the UK I can think of still needs an opener, they are not twist off as in the US. With a little technique they can be popped off with things such as lighters or teeth tho.

That's a good tip regarding disabling the liner lock safety! I just stuck a bit of insulated bell wire in there and it does the job. When I have the proper sized tools I might try taking the knife apart sometime to see if I can just remove the safety but disabling it works just fine. Thanks for the tip!

Thank you for the recommendation on the sellers! I definitely want to pick up a SRM for edc.

I just got some tools and was able to take the T01a apart and just took out the liner lock safety.

All the knives I’ve gotten recently either are easy to use right out of the box or after making quick adjustments.

I just ordered a bear claw knife that comes in a sheath that can be worn as a neck knife (and other ways of course).

Anyone have one of those?

Regarding the seat belt cutter that’s part of the “rescue” knife listed somewhere above…I tested that out tonight.

It works well for cutting 6mm accessory cord (some refer to it as paracord I believe). It cut it faster than the serrated main knife blade.

Another knife arrived today. It’s the SRM F1-723. It’s about the size of the 707 but heavier. It’s the best looking SRM knife I’ve gotten to date. It’s a frame lock with black coated blade.

!http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SanRenMu-SRM-Monolock-Black-Balde-Folding-Knives-F1-723-/00/\$(KGrHqQOKiQE4TYI2PcPBOIb7yv5m![](~~_3.JPG)

I ordered it from ebay and got it in 10 days from China.

(I don’t know why the image link button isn’t working correctly).

SRM 6261 arrived today. This is my first axis lock. It seems rather gritty and a little rough (the axis lock).

The blade base isn’t covered by the handle and I’m wondering if that is the case with all axis locks? Maybe the blade has to be wider to allow for the axis lock on the other side.

In any event, now I have several liner locks, one axis lock and one frame lock. I prefer the frame lock and the liner locks over the axis lock it appears.

I have one more knife to come and that’s it. I should receive the 707 with plain blade and black hardware any day now. I already have the camo version.

My knive purchases are probably over for a while as I now have more knives than I know what to do with! I am impressed with many of the SRM knives!

i like to have one of these around would australia post let these through ? :stuck_out_tongue: