Kratax mini torch or Olight S1R BATON II? URGENT!

LAST QUESTIONS PLEASE:

1. Every Acebeam TK16 use sst-20 hi cri battery? Is it easy to find it and to buy it?
  2. Triple emitter gives a larger beam too?
  3. I like a lot the Olight S1R BATON II battery charging system. In fact it is not necessary to remove the battery from the torch. Unfortunately with the Acebeam TK16 it is necessary to remove it from the torch. It’s not a trivial matter.
    Thanks again one.

Since you prefer the Olight, just buy the Olight.

You can always buy a second flashlight
And a third
And a XXX’nd

I’m always asking questions here why I didn’t imagine it was so difficult to buy a mini torch for me. I don’t like the Olight S1R BATON II and the Acebeam TK16 (Osram). Olight S1R BATON II has a cold light beam and TK16 (Osram) has a good light beam but the beam is too much tight. I know there are other TK16 torches with wider beams but there aren’t for sale in my country. For this reason I can buy only Osram version. I repeat, I don’t have experience at all about lights but I seem to be asking so little from a mini torch: from a mini torch I need an enogh wide beam and not cold, around 5000 Kelvin. For me it is the same if there is another mini torch not Olight or Acebeam, every torch is the same for me. The most important thing is mini size, because I already have a bigger torch, I have an EagleTac G25C2 and I’d like to bring the mini torch always in my trouser pockets. If I will not able to find a mini torch with an enoght large beam (not exaggeratedly wide) and with nice white beam (not cold), I will reach a chinese store and I will buy a 5 euro light. :wink:
All you are special guys for me because you are a lot available and you are helping me …… but for my fault, I don’t have clear ideas about all the mini torches. I hope anyone can give me precise directions towards a mini torch.
I thank you.

Hey FoxAdriano, have you considered a different type of light?
I remembered that the new RovyVon Aurora A23 has a Nichia version (4000K-5000K), capable of 700 lumens. It is USB rechargeable, and you can also replace the battery (although it is not a battery like the 16340s or a “normal” cell).

Here is the link for their page in case you wanna take a look: https://www.rovyvon.com/products/a23?variant=29844458111079

Here are some videos where you can see if it suits you:

I sometimes feel ashamed to write on this forum because all you are doing your best to help me but I know only how to say “no”. I’m sorry for it. But unfortunately I can’t make a mistake because I will use the torch in my next trip very far from my country.
RovyVon Aurora A23 seems a toy, even if it is a good light. But it isn’t an important mini torch like Olight SR1 Baton II or TK16 and then I need more power than that. I need more than 1000 lumen.
I noticed this torch: Lumintop FW3A 2019 - 2800 lumen. But I think it is a little bit big for my purpose, because it has to be in trouser pockets all the time. I think it uses the same batteries of my EagleTac G25C2. I’d like a lot if so but maybe I make an mistake.
What is your suggestion?

This is how a FW3A looks side by side with a TK16:

It only takes unprotected batteries , so I am not sure if it takes the same battery that you EagleTac. It depends on its length.
_

This is the Emisar D4 with an 18350 tube.

This what we call a “hot rod”, this is, a flashlight that gets very hot in a short period of time if you run it on max ouput.
This flashlight can be used with an 18650 tube and battery (Lithium-Ion unprotected, flat top batteries) or with an 18350 tube and battery (Lithium-Ion unprotected, flat top batteries).
It is shorter but larger than the Olight and the Acebeam lights, and it gets lower and higher outputs.

It has ramping User Interface, and it can reach between less than 1 lumen and more than 3000 lumens on max, for a few seconds.
You can choose between different types of LEDs, some of them around the 5000K!

In Europe you can find them here: https://www.selected-lights.de/search?query=selected-lights%20EMISAR%20D4%20XP-L%20HI%20V2%205D%2C%204000K%20HIGH%20POWER%20Taschenlampe

This is the best I can do in terms of suggestions! I hope you can find something you like and that you can use according to your needs!

:+1:

Remember that those Lumen outputs on small lights will not sustain long.

The Thrunite T1 with Neutral White emitter may be a good choice. It’s an 18350 light so a small bit larger than the S1R and TK16 but it comes with an 1100 mah battery that is micro usb chargeable and can pump out up to 1500 lumens for short bursts. It also has a nice moonlight/firefly mode. It is also less expensive than the S1R.

I plan to pick one up soon. :+1:

I have just made a careful selection and decided to buy one of the two torches: Olight S1R BATON II or Lumintop FW3A. I already have a EagleTac G25C2 a bit bigger than FW3A and for this reaso I considered to buy a very small torch, but I like more Lumintop FW3A. :cry: :cry: :cry: I will have to keep in my trouser pocket, also together with other small objects for some hours every day. What is your thought?

If always having a flashlight available is important, I would go FW3A just for the much larger capacity batteries. Probably not in time for your trip but there will be a smaller 18350 tube available later.

Would highly suggest SST-20 4000K option.

FW3A has 3 CREE XP-L HI. Is it not good like SST-20 4000K? Anyway do you not think Magnetic Tailcap is important? However FW3A doesn’t have it. :cry:

Hey, I noticed FW3A use the same battery lenght of EagleTac G25C2 but the batteries I have are protected. I hope they work with FW3A.

No they don’t fit. The first rule of the FW3A is: only flat-top UNprotected batteries.

Are you buying it used? Most if not all retailers for the grey (standard color body) FW3A also offer it with 219C or SST-20.

The XP-L HI they use are decent, but not high CRI and I highly prefer 4000K temp. If you like 5000K and don’t care about CRI they will serve you very well, a bit more output and efficiency than the SST-20s even.

Nkon carries the TK16/SST-20 but they’re currently out of stock. They ship to Italy for 7€.

Getting a floody, neutral, smaller-than-18650 light that makes 1000 lumens is difficult. There aren’t many.

Out of curiosity: what do you think about NITECORE TUP? It seems there is a lot of interest about it, more than about Olight S1R BATON II and TK 16.

Yesterday I did a post on the Lumintop FW3A review forum and they wrote Lumintop FW3A works well with protected 18650 batteries if they have the same length. I have 4 protected 18650 batteries and their length is 66mm. It is the same length of FW3A unprotected batteries.

Adriano

Sorry to bother you, but why do you keep doubting on all our advice? Even after several PM’s you’ve sent me, and after my last advice, (on which you did not react anymore) you posted another story over here and gave the topic another turn, now you want another light.
All BLF members are trying to help you and it seems you are not willing to listen to their advice ?

Protected batteries might fit in the FW3A, but will certainly give not enough current for the rated Lumens since the protection circuit will kick in.

Yokiamy,
I apologize for having made 2 posts. I made the first post here and then I realized by chance that a FW3A forum existed and then I did it there too. Now you are explaining why the protected batteries are working but not properly. No one here had explained it to me it. For all you everything seems easy but for me it is hard to understand. Sorry.
There is also another aspect but this doesn’t want to be a justification. To describe a useful mini torch useful to me, I should ask maybe 100 questions in one post and no one would answer me. As I said I already have an Eagletac torch but it doesn’t satisfy me. It is also difficult to describe the places where I would use it because they change constantly every day. For this reason I always ask questions and then with your answers a world opens up that I didn’t know.