KronoReview: EDI-T D39 single 26650 triple XM-L Dive Flashlight (Factory Spring Bypass!)

I recently purchased two inexpensive *fire lights to serve as hosts for lucidrv drivers and xm-l2 u2 3c and after disassembling one of them lost the detent ball from the beam focus. When drivers, mounted led, extension tubes, and replacement balls arrive I will start a thread on the project light which will allow use of 9x aaa 1000mAh, 3x aa 2700mAh, or 1x 18650. Use of aaa will require modification of holders for parallel cells and aa will require fabrication of battery holders. Nothing beyond the abilities of a former calibration/biomed repair tech.

http://www.tomtop.com/3-cree-xm-l-t6-5000lm-8-mode-led-diving-flashlight-26650-torch-light-waterproof-60m-h12628.html

I couldn’t find it using TomTop’s search function, I just found it by trail-and-error.

I just received my EDI-T D39 flashlight. It came with no instructions and no box. I was quite excited with it. Until I tried it out. It did not work. I think I might be using the wrong battery but not sure. No Instructions… I put a single C cell battery in it and nothing… It seems as if the C cell is too small but a D cell will not fit. I saw the picture with the small ball bearing but do not know where that would go. I don’t see one on my light at all.
Update just saw a string that said 26650 battery looked it up on line. Does it take just the one battery? No Radio Shack here on the island of Guam (USA) to buy not sure if the local hardware stores will have them either… How long will one last? I guess my fault for jumping on that, looked like a great deal for an underwater light. Hard to have batteries shipped to Guam… Figured it would operate on 2 C cells before I bought it but did not say…

Sorry KGE, LiIon cells (3.7V) only. Please read some threads in this forum for more info on these cells. You need a special charger, too. If you can’t get your hands on a 26650 cell, a more common 18650 would also fit if you find some plastic tube or other type of adapter for the difference in diameter.

Good review. How are you controlling the voltage, or are you just measuring “found” voltage that depends on the battery and charge state being used?