LED bulb replacing incandensent

It depends a lot Chinese wattage is way different as those stated on osram bulbs.
I have a osram bulb with 12W and 1000lumens, this is way brighter than the here typical 40-60W e27 bulbs. I was glad that it is dimmable. The colour temperature was also higher than the ikea bulbs which some people will not like…

I have measured the current draw of some mr16 bulbs I ordered for flashlight modding and they were always below the rated power…and where is no power there can be no light…

very quotable :wink:

There is no need for undercover marketing :smiley:

Anyway I bought four of these 12w bulbs six months ago and they are excellent. Housing is solid alu with big fins, driver is very well made and everything can be easily disassembled. I did however change electrolytic caps (10uF/400V to 27uF rubycon BXF, and 100uF/50V to 220uF/50V Panasonic FR) There are 33 leds (11S3P) on alu board. Bulb draws 11W from grid and approx. 10W is available to leds.

Last bulb I bought recently is changed, driver is different (based on BP3125 ic) but still high quality, there are “only” 24 leds now (12S2P) which probably lowers efficiency :frowning: and plastic dome cover is now glued and held in place with clips (still can be opened without braking but it requires more time) Bulb draws 12W from grid…

For incandescent, there is an accepted correlation between the watts drawn and the brightness, but for LEDs, watts aren’t a great predictor of how bright the bulb will be because they draw less energy.

Update:

Currently in use: 2 pieces

They are as bright as 70W regular bulb. Even more if used in “reflector” housing.
But they are not suitable for dome or sphere shaped lights. (they don’t lit the whole sphere, just the bottom half :bigsmile: )

The color is warm white (daylight also available), It’s quite similar to my old bulbs.
Quite nice.

Eventualy, I’ll replace all bulbs with these. Price: 13€ (17.7:money_mouth_face:

You can fix the flickering problem by using a regular light in the circuit with the LED lights to confirm it.

Hi everyone!

Mattej - Your problem with the flickering may be that the transformer is faulty so replacing a halogen lamp with an LED lamp will not solve the flickering.
As long as the chip in the LED is high quality the lamp will be brighter and last longer compared with a cheaper chip. You can find budget LED lamps very easily all over the web and plenty of companies sell them in a variation of colours.
Daylight been a very pure colour and mostly used in doctors surgeries and warm white been a yellow colour light that is suited most in homes.

Hope I have been some help!
:slight_smile:

Most of Electronic ballasts were developed partially to eliminate flicker. You can use larger filter cap for lowering down LED bulb flicker.

hi,

i have was fed up with my old incandescent i was replacing them every month i have just tried a Bell 7w LED Dimmable GLS BC 827 05179 which are good only had it 2 days but been ace so far!

Comparing incandescent with LED light bulbs. They use only 2-17 watts of electricity which is 1/3rd of Incandescent or CFL. LED bulbs save electricity and money.

Isn’t it a bit too expensive ?

looks like that thing has exposed led’s and connections!
hey hold the ladder while i install this bulb ZAP!!! THUD!

I dont think they are too expensive…to be more precise, an incandescent light may last for about 750 hours while a Geo-bulb or LED light lasts for around 30,000 hours.