LED Driver Schematic

I worked with another carpenter I nicknamed machine gun Kelly for his penchant for shooting up trim(much to the dismay of the painters). I never could convince him to lay off the trigger a bit.

I took it to mean you can multiply .350A by any integer value, eg. .35A, .7A, 1.05A, etc., which is precisely what happens.

I’m ultra gullible so it did not even occur to me that Pilot was fooling with him.

I promise I will never ever take advantage of your gullibility, never.

I believe you. 0:)

If that’s true, then you’re far more gullible than I imagined :slight_smile:

… and how gullible is that? For me, the appropriate phrase is “hook, line, sinker, boat”.

Ok, you guys obviously know how to put these together and I’m probably equally obviously not quite so adapt…I want to do more of this but my soldering skills are, well let’s be nice and say not skills.

I found a little butane operated soldering gun that has the heat blower and other attachments, thought it’d be cool to be able to solder from 480-1000 and also reflow or shrink tubing. Do y’all think these are worth looking at or would I be better served looking for an electric gun or a soldering station kind of deal?

The one I’m looking at is by Solder-It, the 180 I think. Cheapest here: Amazon.com at $87 vs the msrp of $160.

What to do?

I just use a cheap 40w iron most of the time. Guns are not recommended for electronic equipment. The butane torch may be helpful if you want to try this:-

Although I prefer to use a much bigger blowlamp or an oxy-map gas set for flame jobs.

For electronics, the best is a temperature controlled 40 to 60W soldering station. There are a lot of Hakko 936 clones around for $20 or so. The cheaper alternative is a standard $40 pencil style iron.
Butane irons are Ok for emergency field work.

Seems like I’ve been having the most success lately with the little orange handled Weller 25watt pencil iron that’s been around here for prob 35 years. Complete with electrical tape rejoined cord! And also it’s helped to get a much finer solder, the old heavy guage 60/40 lead I was using came with a Craftsman 150/230 watt iron that’s way overkill for these little wires! Big blobs of solder that didn’t stick were a former trademark, lol.

Thanks, will have a look at the small stations.

And I don’t think I’ll be flaming anything, unless it’s a nice Brisket over Mesquite Heartwood :wink:

I can vouch for the Hakko clones. Try to get one with multiple tips for different kinds of work, they’re easy to change and are much better for stacking chips or soldering to pills. A butane torch is handy as well but I don’t use it for electrical soldering, only copper and heat shrink. One that is hands free is a plus. I only spent $5 for mine. Save the real money for the good iron.

I liked Capt. Kirk better; he spent more time fighting and less time thinking. What’s an integer? :smiley:

:slight_smile:

Y’all are killin me!

“I

Do Not

Want

To Have To

Explain

This

Again! Spock, will you

Please

Mind meld the answer

to him!”

An integer is a number that when divided by itself is equal to 1, when multiplied by 1 is equal to itself, unless it is zero, then the rules are different. Additionally, it must not be a fractional number, definitely not an irrational number, and can not contain the letter A (unless the letter A is itself a variable representing an integer). Depending the on the programming language, an integer may be no less than –126 or greater than 127 or it may be no less than –32767 or greater than 32768. Integers are black or blue. Unless they’re red. Or green.

PPtk

And they taste like chicken. Unless they are negative, then they taste like what bad breath smells like.

Didn’t know that, I’ll admit. When one multiplies an integer by a negative integer, does the taste of the integer change instantly, retain the original taste, or slowly change to the newly defined taste?

I always thought they were tasteless and unimaginative, unless you are able to find the red ones.

Please don’t confuse integers with digits, which invariably get their start up someone’s nose. Green ones you should especially beware of but I’m not so sure red one’s are any better even in digits. :wink:

LSD is coming back in fashion. . .:smiley:

More questions:

1. Re: Voltage Detection at PB2 of MCU - at what voltage do the MCU shutdown the 7135?
2. How do the MCU detect/know to change the mode by momentarily clicking the switch?
3, Anybody knows if the mode is save in the MCU Flash or EEPROM?

Thanks!