Lifes disasters seem to follow me around.

Hi atbglenn. Old compared to whom? :slight_smile:

We all hate to see such things as this. Sometimes it is hard to reconcile, but we can pray for it to happen.
BTW, I am only 86 this month. I believe that in human history no one has ever had a wife as wonderful as mine.

But when we married I got a Princess, and she got a frog. The kisses have not turned the frog into a prince, but we enjoy trying.

Not trying to make light of DBSARā€™s situation and wish I had the answers at this point in time.

We had Chinese food yesterday and ate a dish named for the two of us; Sweet and Sour!

Jerry

Iā€™m very sorry to hear about this. After watching a close friend go through a divorce last year, the only advice I can give is to find an attorney who will actually fight for your interests. Even if it costs more in the short run, a good lawyer will make things much better for you in the long run.

Jerry, I hope I didnā€™t offend you. I hope I get to live to 86. Youā€™re as young as you feel. Thatā€™s all that matters, right?

BTW, my friends call me Glenn, you can call me Bobā€¦.Just kidding my friend!

Hi Glenn,

Not offended at all. I did not even think about it. We are just happy and thankful that God gave us so many years of devotion and love. Most are not so blessed. As I look around me I see so may with major problems,that I donā€™t have. I see portable O2 units, and electric scooters for the disabled. I thank God that He has given us the knowledge and ability to make and have such things that give them a greater quality of life. Then I thank Him that I donā€™t need them.
Regards, Jerry

Hey Jerry, God bless you. Iā€™m glad you are doing well. Is your wife still alive? Anyway, Happy 86th!

Thank you. Yes she is sill alive. She is 88. In March she went to the ER and they found blood clots in both legs and one in her right lung. She is on Warfarin and has improved sigmificantly. We thought the clots would clear in a few weeks, but the Dr has said it might take 6 mos, a year or maybe never. However, the Warfarin has kept them from doing damage. We think she will be close to normal in another couple of months, but she is doing a lot of physical activity now.
She has always been active and went to the gym 3 days/week until the clots. The Dr said she has never seen blood clots in anyone as active as wife is. We can see progress every week, and expect her to return normal or close in another couple of months.

Best regards,
Jerry

I wish both of you the best of luck. I hope everything goes well with your wife :slight_smile:

Glenn

Thanks, Glenn.
Best, Jerry

DBSAR Thanks for the update.

(insert Bro oriented non PC comment here)

(oh and Remember its not personal) meaning its not about you.

It just keeps getting worse & worse the more i try to work things out to fix things.

I hate to hear that DB.
One thing I have learned about life is some things just can be fixed, get a new one of better quality, itā€™ll last longer. :wink:

Dont know what to say, juat wishing all the best and brighter days of future!

Iā€™m in too.

You have a talent for modding, you should apply it to life. If it doesnā€™t meet your expectations, stick a new led in it. If it still doesnā€™t work for you, rip itā€™s guts and start from scratch. If that doesnā€™t work, sell to one of us

In the UK, the terms and conditions for a joint account normally say that if one account holder notifies the bank that they have separated and want their name taken off the account, the account will be closed.

Youā€™re still jointly and severally liable to the bank for anything that happened before that - divvying up who pays for what in the end is down to the divorce settlement - but at least it stops you taking any more damage.

Does it work that way in Canada?

I hope things come out right for you in the end.

Iā€™m terribly sorry to read about your problems DBSAR. I hope things get better for youā€¦

Best wishes from me.

I donā€™t know anything about Canadian law regarding this case but Iā€™d highly recommend talking to a lawyer before doing anything drastic.

I was on the same boat some time ago and it got me stuck in the same place, hopeless. Iā€™ve been slowly recovering since then, it took many years but things eventually got better. I hope it works out well for you too.