Liitokala Lii - 500?

It’s almost gimme for me to upgrade from my old trusty Trustfire charger. (I know). Do these come with an English instruction manual?

I made a 5 amp power supply out of one of these a while back. It powers up to 4 of my chargers at the same time. I originally bought a metal hobby box to house the PS, then I bought a plastic hobby box after the fact and put 4 individually switched outputs with LED indicators. It’s not pretty, but it does the job.

Reading a post, I think in the other forum,I bought a “12v Flypower switching adapter model ps361bcak3000b power supply cable adapter (New)”, from Amazon.co.uk.It is a 12V/3A power supply and does not overheat.
Of course,it is not cheap.I gave €20,60 included postage to Athens.

“Not pretty”… ??? Who cares? Most of the time “pretty” does not get the job done anyway. Results are the bottom line.
Looks to me like you did good!!! And to me, it looks good to boot. :+1:

Thanks my friend. If I was thinking from the beginning, I would have purchased a bigger metal enclosure and put everything in it, vs two dissimilar enclosures. This to me it isn’t pretty, although it works perfectly fine. I checked the volt/amp display against my Fluke 289, it tracks fairly well for a $6 display.

BTW, I might end up rebuilding it in a larger aluminium enclosure.

What is your long-term experience with this charger? I have order one, in december last year an it was faulty from the beginning.
GB support is very good (so far) an they sent me new one without problem. Hopefully it will work fine :slight_smile:

I have had my Lii 500 about 3 months and so far no problems.
I realize this is not an extremely long time, but it has been used a lot during this time. I had a pile of batteries to analyse, so it has been working overtime since I received it. :slight_smile:

If you don’t mind me asking, what was wrong with the one you got?? :slight_smile:

Honestly, I dont know what was wrong: sometimes it has work without problem and few days later it was not start. And this repeat several times until its dies permanently. But I am glad that GB support sent me a new one without sending to “dead” one back to China :slight_smile:

@#31
These are doing fine on the Lii-500 or any other charger with the same input voltage !

Well,first use of my LiitoKala Lii-500. 4 old Soshine AAA 900mAh batteries, fast test.
The battery which ended first looks OK, capacity as I expected around 750mAh:

The second, 867mAh:

The third 1028 mAh:

And the last one.I stopped charging on 1112 mAh mark :confounded:

I just ordered the opus, I’ll make sure the lubricate the fan if I need to replace after awhile no big deal they pop in and out. I needed a analyzing charger. My vc2 does input like this fast test. But its 50/50 sometimes its dead on. But when a battery is old with high resistwbfe it says it put more way more into the battery then it can hold. Then other times it shows the aging cells decreased capacity. But its not something I’d 100% rely on besides charging cells you use in series to see how close of a charge each one takes

Mine came today. It doesn’t overcharge like the Lii-100. The first batch of batteries came off the charger at 4.19 volts according to my Fluke. I’m doing a Nor test now. So far I’m really liking it. The price I paid is crazy cheap. I’ll probably order another one! This may end up being my go to charger.

I feel the same way about the Liitokala 500.

How accurate can the NOR test be for gauging capacity of NiMH cells? Just ran it on some AA Eneloop Pros and I got 2800 mAh.

I’m doing a Nor test with a standard Eneloop. I’ll let you know the results

Hi, I’m a bit confused. How come you got 4 different result (867mAh, 1028mAh, 1112mAh, 1176mAh)? Aren’t the batteries you in this photo all the same?

each cell may not have been drained to the same point.

fast test just drains from where it is at, then measures as it recharges.

normal test fully charges, measurs then recharges.

so one test measures during draining (mAh) coming out, the other measures mAh charging (going in). not exactly the same number.

but that is weird. Ir is the same so maybe the next cycle will be closer? or one cell is just not the same as the others.

Just because cells are the same brand and type doesn’t mean they will come out exactly the same you will always have four different numbers. Some will be close but it won’t be exact. Each cell ages differently. This is why cells used in series are married together so they discharge and charge and age together for safety

You can take 4 brand new batteries through them on nor test mode and you will get 4 different numbers. It would be impossible to manufacter cells to have the exact same mah. To many variables. Electrolytes, heat, cold, charger cut off, age of cell new or used, charger is off a few% usually its not high tech equipment like hkj has. Its $20. So many variables are in each battery.

Even if it was on fast test I still think it doesn’t justify the big difference in capacity reading, 867 mAh vs 1176 mAh. And what I find more confusing is if his charger is fine and only the Soshine batteries at are fault, how did he get 1176 mAh (could be higher if it wasn’t interrupted) from his 4th battery that’s rated for 900 mAh?

Is the Lii-500 also known to give higher reading like the Opus BT-C3100?

Agreed. Same brand same rated capacity wont have the same actual capacity.

But we are talking here 867 mAh - 1176 mAh from 900 mAh rating. 30% higher than the rated spec. :person_facepalming: