LiitoKala Lii USB Battery Chargers - Not so great and USB output useless?

Less than $20 for a Lii500, and less than $7 for a 202, with shipping from China, and you think they ought to be perfect? NONE of the chargers are perfect, even the $90 ones.
I couldn’t SHIP one of those chargers to China for the purchase price. Methinks you are pretty unrealistic.

Really?

That equates to a ZERO point NINE FIVE percent error (0.95%) - less than one percent. In a consumer grade appliance, and you are unhappy? For a device that you paid what for?

Yeah…. I totally agree with gauss163, flydiver, & Lazy-R-us. These are darn good little chargers, especially considering the price paid for them!

I mean the differences you are complaining about are mere hundreths of a Volt.

IF the difference were even as great as 4.10 vs. 4.20 , that would only be 10/100 th’s or 1/10 th of a Volt. I have never even read of one varying that much either. Usually it is 2 or 3 hundreth’s of a Volt.

Along with what these other gentlemen have said, does this help put things into perspective concerning this??

I’d rather have a charger undercharge 0,4V then over right?

Absolutely. Much better for longevity. But, there are some individuals that feel ripped off if they don’t get 4.20000000v, tested after removal and cooled down. :wink:

In this case, I’d look at the difference in battery capacity over measured voltage. Per HKJ, the difference between 4.1V and 4.2V is roughly 6. Extrapolating from that, the difference from 4.16 to 4.19 is <2. Either way, though, you’re right that this is an insignificant difference.

FWIW, my Xtar VC4 charges matched cells with <0.01V difference. But… that still isn’t any reason to think that the Lii-202 (which I also own) is a bad charger by any means.

Well… yeah. But what they are complaining about is 0.04 V .

4 hundreths \ 4/100 …. not …. 40 hundreths \ 4/10

I’d not be satisfied with 40 hundreths or 4/10 th’s of a volt either…… in any charger. But we are talking about 4 hundreth’s. :person_facepalming:

Follow up on this problem. I changed to a much better USB power source and the problem went away for all battery types and charging at .5 or 1.0v. So I tried again on a decent but lower output USB source (computer and a permanent wall mounted type). Problem came back.
Changed USB cable > problem went away on all power sources, even PC USB 2.0 which is not a high output source.

So, charger may be fine and cable my be poor quality. It has only done this on one of the smaller Lii chargers.

My point was which people seemed to overlook the charger part is fine I don’t care if its 4.2 or 4.16 the op asked anout others experiences with this charger my opus only goes to 4.13. Only the xstar vc2 does 4.21/4
19 and it has flaws with cells with high resistance my unit will overcharge. My point was the USB output is utterly useless on my two models. It runs a few mins and then says the battery is dead. And nowhere near dead. On the li 101 and 202 this is not a charger to buy if you want to use the USB output. I don’t see anywhere in my original post expecting better for the price or anything besides just stating the facts of what my unit does

I hear you. :+1:
I knew that up front because of HKJ’s reviews. But I personally did not care about that anyway… I was just in for the charger part.

If someone bought either one for the USB part… they lost. :frowning:

I saw his review first I just wanted a cheap fast charger I could use in the truck. Or house if it got destroyed no big deal. And not tote around a more expensive charger. I tried the USB output out of curiosity mostly. And its completely useless. As a charger, its great. Can even set it on 3.2 volt and put your cells in storage if you wish instead of trying to catch them half charged. They will be at 3.5-3.6 does its job well.

^

:+1:

• Well it seems LiitaKala did away with the USB Output on the Lii 100 when moving to the newer Lii-100B
    Good for them…… :+1:
    LiitoKala Power CO.,LTD
  • The Lii-202 appears to be the same. Maybe they will update it and fix the screwy USB thing or better yet just eliminate it.
    LiitoKala Power CO.,LTD

It seems as though they are stepping up their game. The website has had a makeover & has a lot more products offered. :+1:

Maybe Miboxer can help