Longivity tests with TrustFire 12XT6 AKA Ultrafire 12T6

START USING IT TO MAKE BREAKFAST!!!

Oh how sad, you made no pictures.
I would be highly interested in a driver picture.
Which AWG was the stock wire?

I didn’t think there were be any difference inside the head compared to my Skyray 9x T6, there was a lot of room in the driver cavity. It’s like a big void in there only housing the two wires leading up into the reflector.

Glad the recycle hasnt gone out. It was late 2am+ I just used some high temp/volt test/probe wires approx. 4-5 times the installed gauge. OK size is: .5mm at the most!!! CRAZY SMALL!!! 1.5mm exterior insulation. And not high temp. wire!!! As for the driver I will take flashlight apart (its easy) and post pics. I will get you that picture later. Need to sign up for a picture hosting site. If anyone needs help with this pm me I would be glad to help.

Check out FMcamaroZ28 review I think this is all the same/like my light housing?
I will take some measures later and compare. Will let you know.

by the rediculously small driver wires I can’t believe they tested this thing and sent it out!! I think they based the driver gauge wire to emmiter on the 9 led light light. It worked and I guess they thought it would work on 12? CRAZY WRONG. Just glad I could fix it. would have been an 82 dollar loss.

Yes these lights are identical to the 9 led housing. Just different reflectors/emmiter placements. Too bad they didnt upgrade the driver wires so I didnt have to do it. I feel sorry for the guys that sent this back because they didnt have tools to fix it. What a pain.

Yep, it appears the 9Xt6 and 12x T6 are exactly the same housing and the difference is the reflector only and extra LED’s.

Same driver?

Don’t know Werner. I don’t have one to compare it with. Does anyone have a pic of the 9led driver for this Trustfire light?

There are pictures from 9xt6 in the review thread.

It looks just the same !

So what’s the conclusion about this light? Is it basically a 9XT6 with 3 extra leds thrown in but without the necessary upgrade to the internals to handle the extra power?

Not sure

I think if I had a 9XT6 to inspect I could give an answer.

Wow that thing looks like a beast. I would like to see some beam shots.

Got some great news: Well I told the company that this light fried. They wanted me to send it back. I said it will cost too much to ship it. Then, the company that sold me this light: http://www.epathchina.com/13000lm-12x-cree-xm-l-t6-led-super-bright-outd… sent me a new one for HALF COST!!! AND paid shipping DHL 4 day delivery time. Now I have two of these monsters. 8 minutes on run time high mode produced 160 degrees Fahrenheit!!! Will do more testing later. BUT at least it didn’t fry this time. Great company!! Also kicked in free battery 26650!!

Looks like CNQ has finally stocked the Trustfire 12x T6. To bad they don’t offer any real specs for it.

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1864

First of all, Nice to meet other People With the same issues like myself! I feel like home already.

The original driver is not so strong, about 4 A With trustfire 26650 5000mah.
Take the light apart fill it up with thermal paste.
Find a 5A driver at ebay. Then my Trustfire protection was tripped. so i put in Sanyo ur18650fm.
I mesured over 7A.
The lightflood in orginal versjon is VERY good! I was shocked when i turn it on!

I got no picture. but i turn on my Ledlenser x21R and my overdrive Ledlenser x21 and my Skyray King and light it up at the same time againt the forest. The lihtflood from this alone was way over those 3 light!
It can light up an footballstadion!

Now i am waiting for IMR26650 batterys. I would not push the light more than that. The heating transport is not good for this small light.
(English is not my mother Language….) :slight_smile:

Hi Legeutengenser, welcome to the forum.

Do you have a link to the driver you used since there is no specific driver upgrade for the 12x T6 light? Also, were your Trustfire batteries fully charged, you should not have tripped the protection at that power level. I’ve pushed mine to well past 10a and they were fine.

Tf26650 are protected at 6.5A-7.5A…