looking for 1st 1000 lumen flashlight

This really is the only correct answer to your question. Just get the XinTD X3 and be done with it. The quality of this light and it’s twin sister the XinTD V5 are FAR superior to anything else at the same price range.

Nitecore and the other overpriced big name price fixing brands can all piss off as far as I’m concerned.

The only thing I would suggest, is get it from Intl-Outdoor instead. I’ve had nothing but awesomeness from them. Links here:

XinTD X3
XinTD V5

Choose your LED/Tint/Modes etc… when ordering. Amazing.

I think i should point out that on 3AA on the XinTD you would get about 2A and it would start dropping as soon as your turn it on, you would not get full output for even a second

True.

Well, on high with three eneloops it should run direct drive after a few minutes, but the output should be pretty close to full and would drop slowly with the battery voltage. 2A is a good estimate but I’d expect a little more. The batteries should maintain better than 1.15 volts during most of the run which adds to 3.45 volts. (Eneloop battery test)

I have a cyclone C88 and i have tested it myself (as well you can find tests on BLF) that due to voltage sag you will only get 2.1A [eak and it falls immediately. If it had 4AA in series you could do well over 3A till the batteries are drained.

Well, there you have it. :bigsmile: One of these days my optimism is going to pay off!

the code for the XinTD X3 and the better battery carrier have been reactivated!

thanks for the replies. It appears the idea of using alkaline would be a fairly poor choice so I’ll just get a few Li Ion and make sure they are charged. Good advice from all

Coast HP550

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coast-20153-Coast-HP550-Focusing-LED-Flashlight-1075-Lumens/36039947

Uses 9xAA.
You can use alkaline, or Eneloops, or Lithium.
2-modes; focusing lens; $59 at Walmart.
Nice light, nice price.

Visit your local HomeDepot or your local Costco….

Both have several 3D, 4D, and 4C Maglite looking lights that have 1000 lumens or more.

bigC

I thought the Costco ones were settled as being unworthy of modification, and the Home Depot Defiant-brand lights as too expensive for what they are.

Costco has 4C Duracell ones for $19.99. It has an awesome 50mm~60mm TIR Optic. I almost purchased it yesterday just for the Optic. The XML emitter is what it uses. Maybe its direct drive off 4 Alkaline C cells and that’s why its rated at 1000 lumens.

bigC

That’s exactly what they are as two people on this forum have blown them up with NiMH cells.

With the 3 or 4 D cell lights, I would suggest using lithium primaries, 3AA in parallel in the white plastic holder, one for each “D”

Definitely sounds like you should get the XinTD X3…