Looking for a decent EDC

For my EDC I got a Titanium Innovations Illuminati and so far it’s working out great. Light, small and very bright. It’s a pocket carry and I’m using this light a lot and don’t want to have to be buying lithium primaries or alkalines all the time. I’m looking for a reasonable AAA rechargeable NiMh battery and battery charger and wondered if anybody had any suggestions?

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/brinyte-pd03a-ha-iii-cree-q5-wc-5-mode-150-lumen-memory-led-flashlight-black-1-aaa-1-10440-32946

- 1x AAA

- 5 mode

- Q5

- A good number of positive reviews

A little pricy for a AAA light IMO. I am looking to get this as an EDC soon.

That’s a really nice light and I wish I knew about it 2 weeks ago. I’ve found a charger and now I’m trying figure out if 850 mAh or 1000 is better for mAh NiMh AAA’s. I seem to be finding conflicting or unclear information so far.

I agree..it's hard to get it to fire up on the right level or have it skip modes most of the time..I like to tighten it almost all the way and then cigar grip it then use pressure to make contact..seems to be the most reliable way to get it to function properly..I don't use it on keys though but more as a pocket backup to my regular edc..the nuflare rebel I won here resides on my keys and it's an awesome keychain light..little big but whatever..

There's a good review here of the Brinyte by Vectrex.