Looking for a throwy single 123

So I can run a rcr in the Eagletac with the XML and get nearly the same throw as the BC10 with the advangtage of a somewhat more floody beam? I really like the look and the weight of the Eagletac, but for the price I might be able to get some rcr’s, a charger and the BC10 for the same price. I also like that the BC10 only has 2 settings, simple is good.

Questions:

• The IMR’s from efest were $8 a pair, anyone have a suggestion for a good charger to go with them?
  • What rcr & charger to go with it would be good for the Eagletac?

Thanks for the help everyone

Yeah, the xml in the Eagletac can violate the laws of nature and gain photons at longer distances. Either that or it just takes 200 meters for that little OP reflector to fully collimate the beam.

Well, I don’t have any light measuring stuff, but I can tell you that human eye can’t see difference between, let’s say, 30% and 35%, but digital lightmeter will do. And I do believe in selfbuilts results.
Will take my last review as example: Crelant V31A with XML and 16340 will, actually, out throw my Klarus P1A with AA for about 20%. (witch has smaller diam. reflector and XPG emitter). Of course Klarus with 14500 will easily out throw Crelant. Hot spot will be 4 times more concentrated and the difference in throw can be seen easily at 2 meters and at 30.
On the other hand, 6k lux will not throw twice as far as other light with 3k lux, we have to take that into account.

Thrunite archer 1c? Xpg2 with deep reflector (for its size). Can use 16340 rechargeable as well. Just a thought.

Xtar MP2 is a great little charger for 16340 cells. 250 mA charge rate
Xtar SP2 is great for 18650 and other cells. It will work for 16340 cells but the .5A minimum charge rate is a wee bit high for optimal charging of the smaller cells.

Now I never said it will throw 200m. 150m yes. The problem is it is VERY floody and therfore difficult to find the hotspot, thus the slightly lower lux readings. And because its so floody you dont see a pronounced spot at distances like the XPG lights such as the BC10. But the light is there none the less. You guys can believe it or not, it doesn’t matter to me. 650 lumens pushed through that little reflector does the job.

Well you have just as much light on an object 150m away as a “thrower XPG” that also throws 150m. The XPG gives you the illusion that it has a brighter spot, but in reality it doesn’t. That illusion is created by the .25L in perhaps a 10m diameter surrounded by perhaps .05L for another 10M. After that basically nothing. Now what the XML does is gives the same .25L at the target, but also perhaps 25m surrounding the target, and then maybe .15m for the 25m surrounding that, and so on. It gives a gradual decrease in lumens away from the target, vs the sudden drop the XPG does. But irregardless the targets are lit up the same.
In more practical terms, the D25C XML will light up about a 50m wide arc of light, all the way to 100 meters away. And I add still noticeably visable at that distance.
At the same time one of the comparable XPG’s, will light up about perhaps a 10m arc of light all the way to 100m. Beyond that 10m arc you not gonna set much at all. Now these numbers are just estimates, but it pretty much works that way.
Now given the choice between those two scenarios - I’ll my 650 lumen D25C XML clicky ever time.

Even though the target is lit up as much, I do concede that because so much more light is going down range, it does make it a little more difficult to see the target. I’ve seen similar results with my tn31 vs BTU. The btu throws just as far, but because of the fat spot, wider spill, and mainly almost 3 times the lumens, at very long distances the target gets “flooded” out.
So I do agree with you about max distance vs visualization on these single 16340 lights. Now if you bring the distance to perhaps 2/3 max, then the flooders can hold there own because the lux on the target allows you to see it despite the surrounding flood.
So I do agree with you to a point.

My vote is for the Nitecore EC1, I have many lights in the one cr123 format, and the reason is pick it over the D25c XML is that the D25c can’t handle the heat it generates. It’d cook itself if not for the help of your hand pulling heat away from it.
I don’t think you can run the d25c XML for a full 10 min on high without risk of overheating. Makes it a good backup light but a lousy edc if you want it for its throw.
The nitecore EC1, the Jetbeam or even the above mentioned Thrunite Archer 1C would be more practical and more useable for throw.

Aurora SH034 for $15. Very good throw for size and cheap enough to buy as a ‘why not’.

Trustfire Z1 has reasonably good throw, and is $15 at Aurabuy

How much is the shipping?

I have a Z1 and a Hugsby P2. The P2 eats the Z1 when it comes to throw and almost lives with a Sipik SK68.

Not sure about aurabuy, but you can get the TF Z1 and the Aurora SH034 (I highly recommend the SH034) from DealExtreme, for about $15 SHIPPED, each.