Looking for budget 600-1000meters throwing light

Ecig, i think i better share it over here than PM.

Just get a 55W from Kunfine Auto parts. It should be in the 600k cd ballpark (774m @ 1 lux) that i am telling you, so it’d just be nice.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Cheap-shipping-12V-55W-hid-portable-handheld-spotlight-HID-work-light-KF-11039-FOR-hunting-marine/200674_572739206.html

It’s 126 usd shipped to Croatia.

I do have a building that is 650m away. From memory, you’d definitely be able to ID a person at that distance.

You’d definitely need binos. At that distance it’s a different ballgame.

I can see a spot at 5km max with my 532nm. Without binos it’s just mashed up with the main beam.
My 400mW 532nm (measured about 1.6-1.8mRad) measured about 38 million cd, i had to do it at 45m in order not to overload the sensor. The sensor is a bit more sensitive at that wavelength but i am not sure how the conpensation curve looks like (what isotropic curve to the eyes or something). But yeah it can do 4km easily, 5km can do in clear conditions. At that distance, there is quite a bit of laser scattering going on already.

I haven’t measured my 100mW with a beam expander, which gives its a much better divergence at only 0.3mRad). It has higher beam intensity than the 400mW.

I sometimes use my 152mm refractor telescope at 32X mag as well (slightly over 4mm exit pupil, so more or less there as well for a somewhat dark adapted eye). :slight_smile:

Thanx very much, and to all other commenters.

I think Ill go with this one.

How long can this battery last? (I mean lifetime) Spare batteries?

Is this 1 year warranty real, anybody had similar experiences?

One more question that nterests me - how wide is the beam?

Did you get the light?

What was/are your experiences?

I am saving to get from http://www.onestopthrowshop.com/aboutus.sc

I want to test the SmallSun ZY-C10-S and ThruNite TN31 both modded by saabluster (CPF memeber).

He makes very good throwers, now to check for myself.

S/F,
CEYA!