Looking for cheap headlamp

Anyone have the Sanyi D25 zoom or non zoom? I’m trying to decide whether to get non zoom or zoom. Is the zoom function useful, far and bright?

I believe that D25 is without zoom feature (my order did not arrive yet). I have zoom feature on other lamp and I very rarely use it. In my opinion it is not a deal breaker.

Or… Jaxman M1

I would personally be very hesitant to put a sub $20 light on my head that uses lithium ion batteries. Seems too risky.

There’s 2 options for non zoomable lenses for the Sanyi D25 when ordering. A one lense and a two lense system. Anyone know what the difference is between them?

Sorry found the answer at site. It’s the same XM-L2 but the second option has 2 of them. So I guess it better to buy the 2 lense system maybe? I figure it would have more light output or is it barely noticeable?

Boruit made several headlamps that have been reviewed here; use the Search box.

Here’s one that I have and like, tho’ it’s pretty blue-white; I replaced the optic with a wide/rectangular spread optic.

that includes info about how to pull the emitter out to swap LEDs, tho’ the pictures host has apparently expired.

Great info everyone. Anyone know if Sanyi D25 lense is 20 or 17mm? I’m thinking of ordering some TIR lenses.

I’d say that given the specific requirements stated, don’t go cheap. Because if you buy something of decent quality, it will last far longer than the cheaper flashlight.

Also, don’t rule out strobe as an included mode. As long as it’s out of the path of the primary UI, it’ll only be accessed when deliberately invoked.

I see that you’re not looking for a dedicated bicycle light, but instead a headlamp that can serve duty as a bike lamp as well. I don’t know if the side barrel emitter design on something like the D25 that works well for head use would work fine for bike use. Might be difficult to find an appropriate mount. The “L” shaped headlamps can serve as bike lights with a more standard flashlight mount. If I were you, I’d take a look at the Skilhunt H03 series.

Wow great tips and all lights above looks good. Have to decide between low price Sanyi D25, Boruit D10 or higher price Sofrin S40, Astrolux H03. I’m using it more for indoors and some outdoors. Indoors for fixing and/or opening variety of things and outdoors for working on car mainly and some hiking.

As Peter J. from Czech Republic, owner of both S40 and D25, said earlier above; Sofrin is better, but for its price you can buy two D25s. One can be yours everyday lamp, and one backup car lamp.