Lumintop GT4

Is that what causes that? I’ve seen a light or two that did that and I wondered why. Now I know what to look out for.

Always entertaining watching speculation about the unknown.

Until someone starts throwing around insults. It makes the forum a negative place.

Unfortunately we have taken on a few of those folks in the crazy growth spurts we’ve had. Not a lot to be done about that unless our Admin wants to start kicking folks out. He’s pretty laid back though so it’ll take more than flippancy probably, but we can assume everyone has read the rules… really as simple as be nice when it comes down to it. In the end the forum loses as members that contribute the most get tired of it all and leave. We’ve certainly lost some key players over the last couple 2 or 3 years…

Wow Dale! Not much left to 20000 posts :smiley:

I thought this thread was quite, I stopped getting updates 50 posts ago.

This light has some great competition now, and we all want to know how it will compare to know what to buy…. but if it takes too long it may lose its chance to be relevant considering the competitors are already released lol.

Yeah, this light was ahead of it’s time 3 years ago when I had the idea but at this point it is a crowded market. Sad it took so long for the project to get the go ahead.

Far as performance. I can confirm 22k+ lumens, exact numbers are still TBD depending on the final springs and LED’s used.

Throw I forgot the exact numbers I got but they were as expected as well, a bit under the GT70 numbers.

Thermal performance is the best I have ever seen in a flashlight.

Overall it will be entering a very crowded market, I am not sure how it will stack up once it is actually on sale.

In other news It looks like I will have a prototype GT4 that I will be putting up for sale if anyone is interested.

How hard is it to simply swap the production model LED before its release for something that will still dominate the competition?

There is no other LED that would simply swap to perform any better. XHP70.2 is extremely high powered and efficient. Any other LED would require pretty significant changes to the reflector or driver or shelf.

cant u send the prototype to vestureofblood first so he can show it etc? this light out of my price range probably but im just curious how it will perform vs other lights in this size…

As was said there are no other viable LED options that could be swapped in.

The SBT-90 is an interesting LED but the driver to use it would be crazy to make in the GT4 and would raise the cost by around $200 due to the high price of the LED’s.

Not to worry, VOB will still be doing a review. I have 2 prototypes now, VOB will be getting the latest one to review once the last few issues are sorted out so the review can be complete.

The one I would sell would be the earlier prototype.

okay cool, i really hope lumintop will sell many of these, they deserve it, it seems like the best thermal performance so far just looking at it.

If the thermal performance is some of the best, would making micro, nano, mini versions of this model a good idea to make?

Wow! He’s really close.

Almost time for a giant 20,000 post giveaway!!!

I was wondering what happened to you lol

Yeah, as a rule if there is something I should see / comment on and I don’t, I never saw it.

I exclusively read BLF based on email notifications now days, so no email = no see it.

This has happened to me as well. I may be interested in your prototype depending on the price & how it compares to the performance of the final model. If the price isn’t much different, yet the performance is marginally lower, I may as well wait for the final version. You can message me about it if you’d like.

Do we have final dimensions of this light? Is it roughly the same length and head diameter as the BLF GT70?