Lumintop X9L SBT90.2 vs Acebeam K30GT SBT90.2 Video comparison

d-t-a the answer is yes.

IMHO the X9L form factor is all good. It’s easy to forget that this light can be used for extended periods of time on settings lower that the all out heat generating, battery depleting turbo. And can be better managed switching to the stepped mode in Andruil.

Introducing the NI40 SBT90.2 into this discussion, the latest batch of this light manages the heat very well and is currently my choice for a lightweight light (compared to my K30GT) that is not cumbersome yet when on turbo can unleash that unrivalled lumens AND throw.

Should i go all in for the K30GT. is it by far the best between the X9l and NI40 as a thrower and lumen output?

K30GT manages heat much better of course and overall longer run times.

X9L steps down pretty quickly in comparison.

Both my NI40’s came with very small imperfections on the reflector whereas K30GT is imaculate.

My guess is you won’t be disappointed with the K30GT. VTC6 button tops is the way to go with this light.

Edit: Yes K30GT throws further and has higher lumen output (from my measurements).

Very nice video thank you.

I found the K30GT to be excellent in performance but the triple 18650 handle is too large and doesn’t fit in a pocket.

The NI40 head area is large but otherwise almost identical performance to my eyes and also overall a nice form factor that fits in a pocket.

I can’t speak for the x9l but can guess it suffers a bit in turbo performance but is a very comfortable size.

I’d really like Acebeam to make something in a 26650 or 21700 form factor with the sbt90. In the mean time I sold my k30gt and am pleased with the NI40.

Sadly K30GT I tried had a donut ring hot spot. It was really distracting. If it wasn’t for the donut I would have kept it even though I really disliked the tiny button which was useless for reliable operation while wearing gloves, and the voltage cut off on vtc6 cells was at 3.2v. 9.6 volt cut off is way high.

For a pocket rocket initially I did want to get the X9L, but instead made a mistake of getting the T90, which is false advertised as a thrower, while in reality it’s far, far from it.

I went for T90 because of its beefy cooling fins thinking it will hold turbo longer, but I should have went with my first instinct and gotten the X9L.

I tried setting T90s thermal cut off to 60 degrees but it’s still dropping after about 16 seconds regardless of the actual temps. I do regret not getting X9L.

Turbo Is hold from Amutorch XT45 Gen2. 30 seconds and every next run is also 30 seconds. Anduril is very disappointing in tactical and powerful flashlights. And X9l is also not very good host for this powerful diode.