LUXEON Q - XP-E2 killer

I have some of the XQD emitters, same 1.6 x 1.6 footprint but no color options like the XQE. These are 5000K and make over 220 lumens at 700mA. They don’t have a thermal pad, just a positive and negative side with the negative side having a small v shaped cut-out.

I mounted one on an XM-L SinkPAD to see what the output looked like, ran 2 7135 chips to keep it at 730mA. Pretty nice! 145º beam is a flood of light. I’m thinking of making a mule from a L2m shorty with 6 of these on board. 107 lumens at 350mA should be really easy to make some decent light from low power.

The XQD has a square shape to it. No dome like we’re used to seeing. At a $1.06 ea. they might be fun to play with.

Would you give us a link to the supplier?

Flomotion, are you asking about the XQD? If so, I got mine at Mouser Cree XQC 5000K

> Luxeon … 14-16mm round boards for them seem to be practically nonexistent.

Yup. Been looking for awhile, pointers welcome.
I suspect what’s available is changing so fast that people aren’t building the addon and DIY stuff for a lot of things, like the new Luxeons.

My guess is within a few years, we’ll be building our flashlights inside finger rings.
Using stereo microscopes, or robots to handle the parts for us ….

Tiny little battery, tiny little emitter, Bluetooth controllers …

We are already banging against thermal issues with high output AAA 10440 based lights, cooling and efficiency are the limiting factors on small lights.