[M4D deal] Convoy L21A / M21A groupbuy

Sometimes by the time these banggood orders arrive, I forgot I bought the damn thing lol.

Hahaha. Mine left China on the 21st I think based on the tracking. So it should be any day now based on my last order.

Are you referring to the L2 then? The L21A has a 6A driver and SST-40. Which BTW, mine arrived today! Quite the little beast, it is really cool. I’m considering getting the WF for mine, I will play with it a little first.

Did some quick n dirty beamshots tonight with my NW FT03, CW L21a and C8 with white flat 1mm².

The distance to the trees is about 200m

What i noticed, the FT03 gets hot very quick, i blame it to the thin and light design, whereas the L21 performs way better heatwise.

Some quick n dirty beamshots;

FT03

L21A

FT03 (L) vs L21A ®

C8 with OSRAM KW CSLNM1.TG (2,8A)

Have to do some more in depth testing and measuring, but however the L21A runs on ‘just’ 6A, visually they look even bright. Did not test until stepdown though.

The hotspot and spill on the L21A is pretty awesome. You’ve got me excited. The cooling as you mentioned is a big reason why I chose this light over the FT03. It should be able to maintain higher output longer.

Has anyone done a review on the m21a?

This is exactly what I was looking for, what’s the difference here with the m21 and the s21?? And also the convoy c8+ with this same sst40 emitter?? I’m assuming the m21 would be like a 21700 version of the c8?? With a good throw while the s21 is like a super thrower??
And 1 more question would my astrolux c8 xplhi cw with 1300 lumens have more or less throw than the c8 and m21 sst40 ??

To answer somenof your questions, yes the m218 is basically the 21700 version of the c8.

I own both the astrolux c8 and the convoy m21a. I thought with an extra 1000 lumens I would notice a huge difference. The difference isn’t as large as I thought it would be, however the hotspot on the m21a is larger and more useful in my opinion. They both have great throw for their size.

I haven’t taken them both outside for a head to head comparison but I will say if I had to choose, I would choose the m21a.

Another rhing to remember is the sst40 led in the convoy can be dedomed for extra throw which at that point I’m pretty sure would out throw the astrolux c8 by a decent amount.

I don’t have the equipment or knowledge to do an official review of the convoy lights but I’m hoping someone does a review of the m21a as I haven’t seen one yet but really love the light.

And yes, the L21a will throw farther due to having a larger, deeper reflector. I wouldn’t call it a super thrower though. If you are looking for a super thrower, look into the acebeam k75

The C8 Version with 26650 cell in there would be nice Simon.
Soe of us prefer than cell for hand comfort alone.

Thanks for the info, It’s all the info I needed to make my decision on buying a m21 or L21 and being I have the astrolux c8 I’m thinking the L21 would be the best choice being I’m looking for a bit more throw and want it to be a 21700 light. I have 4 2100 cells currently with only 1 light that runs them. The fireflies e07. I’m sticking with 18650 and 21700 and had not ever noticed the m21/L21 till today.

Awesome glad I could help. Either way you choose, convoy makes great quality lights.

Thank you for these pictures, purchased two l21a’s.

Glad to hear it did help. Wow, directly bought 2 :sunglasses: :+1:

Those are some good night shots. Good work!

Which version of the FT03 are you referring to, the XHP50.2 or SST-40?

The SST-40 can sustain 20+ min on Turbo

I prefer the Ramping on the FT03 rather than having an annoying single forward clicky on the L21A

SST40 version.

I admit, i like ramping as well, but on a such a throwy light i never use it.
Only the double tap for turbo gets used, so with throwers i can live with a simple 4 modes.
On a Emisar, ramping seems more useful.

How long can High be used for on the L21A before step down occurs? The reason I never got one was because it’s a set temp step down unlike the FT03 where you can disable it

I apologize for the curve of English, this is not my native language ….

I bought a Convoy M21A host from Simon, found a standard C8 reflector in it, and decided to install Cree XHP50.2 4000K 80 CRI from KD to experiment with it. To install the reflector from Warsun CT9T, a new stainless steel bezel was machined.
Which is 8.5 mm longer than the standard.

Participated in the comparison, from left to right

Convoy M21A @ Cree XHP50.2 4000K 80 CRI + H1A resistor mod driver @ 10A
Host Sofirn C8 for 20 mm driver @ Cree XHP50.2 CW + H1A resistor mod driver @ 10A
Ultrafire F13 + reflector LuckySun D80 + Cree XM-L2 U2-3D

1. In the photo on the left is the Convoy M21A with a new bezel, on the right is the C8 host from Sofirn under the 20 mm driver.

2-3. the components of the flashlights are laid out for comparison in the photo.

4. Hot spots are shot with a covered aperture and shutter speed. In reality, the hot spots M21A and D80 are comparable in size. Due to the lower depth of the reflector, the filling zone D80 is wider than that of the reflector from ST9T.

5. Due to the fact that the modes did not work to equalize the drivers, it turned out what happened …
In real life, everything looks completely different …

6. Replaced the direct-click button with the back-click button. Plus spring from BlueSwordM ©

Do the codes work for the NW versions or is that a different code? Thanks.

I’ve been thinking about doing this with my L21A. I think reverse clicky is much better.