[M4D deal updated] Lumintop EDC18 $39.95 (FW3A in a classic body)

Of the 2 edc18s i received today one has a stuck tailcap that even with pliers over a cloth refuses to unscrew.

Quite strange. No way it would be glued because you have to unscrew it for the battery. Maybe a factory worker cross threaded it when putting it together?

I would try a piece of rubber or leather and some pliers. Maybe 2 pair of pliers to turn with more force.

My tracking shows its in Australia, hopefully get it tomorrow.

My two turned up today. Both work fine, but not with a Samsung 35E. Only one of my FW3A’s works with the 35E. Must be something to do with the extra length as my batteries are the protected version. Apart from that, I like the rabbit logo and the magnet.

It clearly states on the BG page listing unprotected recommended, max length 66 mm, so yes, protected cells of any kind will not work. How did you get an impression otherwise?

Martin showed it takes up to 70mm long cells [M4D deal updated] Lumintop EDC18 $39.95 (FW3A in a classic body) - #147 by M4D_M4X

From M4DM4X’s review. He said it could take protected cells.

Ahhh. Maybe the BG listing is still copy/paste from FW3A, but still, seems like protected won't work out well. Mine is in Korea, or left Korea on the way.

Martin's might have been an earlier pre-production.

Here: http://www.lumintop.com/edc18.html, the specs are updated (I think) and still says 66 mm for the battery. For such a short size, wonder how protected could be accommodated.

Longer battery tube and longer springs.

93.9 mm long according to Lumintop, only 1.4 mm longer than a FW3A (92.5 mm).

Got mine today, very pleased with it.

After reading here about a member trying protected cells I tried a couple and neither fit (protected Panasonic NCR18650B & Samsung INR18650-35E).

Normal unprotected cells fit fine, even button tops.
Here is a scan of part of my manual which does state unprotected cell - max length 66mm:

Just took a few photos to try to show comparison with the FW3A, its dark here so they’re not great.

Those pictures clearly show if to be shorter than the one in Martin’s video. Definitely a pre-production unit he had, or something… Thank you for the pictures.

Hello my dear friends!

Unfortunately the LUMINTOP EDC18 that was reviewed by me here is different in another point than those mentioned in my review!

THE FINAL BATTERYTUBE IS SHORTER THUS THE EDC18 CANNOT BE OPERATED WITH PROTECTED CELLS!

Yep, with an extra 4.6 mm, that would do it. You need about 70 mm for protected cells. Sound like the pre-prod had 70.6 mm capability for cells. I prefer the smaller size and will only use unprotected cells in this light anyway. Thanks for clearing it up Martin!

Alright, now that that’s confirmed, does anyone know if the production unit’s switch LED can be controlled by the Anduril settings?

7 clicks?
does not change anything

That’s a pity. And that’s the 1st mod I’ll probably do on this light…

I’m in the left Korea boat with no other status. :cry:

At least yours left, mine is still in Korea.