M4D M4X´Blog - One place, ALL codes... introduction and Q&A

Have you sent the code to all members? I haven’t got mine yet?

Registered, Thanks.

Never mind, I got it… My email is acting up.

Martin, thank you for the follow-up!

why?
https://m4dm4x.com/register

Tried to sign up for newsletter, no response, no e-mail.

i sent you a PM

your account was already activated

when you sign up for the newsletter i am not sure if you get an automated confirmation...

but i had a lot problems with aol mailadresses

can you change to another one?
then you will get the blogs mails ;)

I just registered as raccoon city.

Haven’t tried regging yet, but am not quite sure I understand all the grief over this…

How is anyone forced to give their actual address? Why not just put down some real or imagined address like 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Prinz-Albrechtstraßen 8, or anything else, and leave it at that?

How is any of the info “verified”?

You have a point, but the way I think about it is, every time I buy or sell something on Ebay that person has my address. So what’s the difference? Plus, I get junk mail every day and weird calls to my cell phone. I don’t think this is going to make it any worse. Junk my opinion.

@ Lightbringer

i read every application - some seemed fishy and i tried to find out if the info match (IP adress, other details)

if not i deleted the application.

i want to make business with people who trust me - liars can stay outside.

Asking people to lie is ...... (my opinion might be “rude“)

if one does trust me but not the server i rented he can contact me and we find a solution ;)

I don’t think Martin has ever given anyone cause to question his integrity. I was willing to give him my address because I assumed he was using it as a “tool” to protect the blog….from someone who wanted to “sabotage” his work….and our discounts.

I think if you check out his blog, you will see he has put quite a bit of effort into it.

Lots of people get “throwaway” email addresses so that when they sign up for something, if they get inundated with spam, they can just delete the address and move on to another one. It’s a sad fact of life. So similarly, people will use realistic but also throwaway street-addresses for junkmail, ie, let someone else get bombarded with junkmail or just let the post office discard it as undeliverable (but still get paid the postage, haha).

Maybe not everyone, but lots of people do resent having “real” info be demanded of them. A throwaway email address to confirm a registration, etc., is one thing, but a street address is pretty personal. Privacy in dwindling to the point of becoming nonexistent, and like it or not, people are making desperate grabs for what little is left.

Now, sure, maybe they trust you, but as someone else mentioned, you also have to trust the hosting site, all their intermediaries, etc., and make sure everything’s kept secure. Hackers can break in and grab info, and the more personal the info, the more “trust” is required. What you might call “lying” would be to someone else just trying to retain some shred of privacy.

Quick lesson… When I go to whatismyipaddress.com, what shows up as my “location” is in a whole other zipcode. Ie, my real address might show up as “wrong”, but a fake one across town would show up as “right”! :smiley: If I wouldn’t want to give my real location, but pick one at random in that part of town, no one would ever know… or even be able to check.

Basically, you just have to see “the other guy’s” point of view…

Absolutely. On Amazon, they have stored my billing address, shipping address, CC info, etc., and it’s all stored on their servers… hopefully securely. They pay big bux to keep it secure, know that one single breach of security can cripple any sense of trust in them, and they will make that a top priority.

Plus, it’s a matter of convenience, to not have to enter in allllllllll that info for every single order.

But something like a facebook or twitter or anything where they don’t deliver anything to your house, they should have no “need” to ask for that info, any more than they would asking for CC info.

Imagine going to a gas station, paying in cash, and being asked for personal info… “for our mailing list”. How many people do you think would willingly give it up? Or if pressed beforehand, before they’d be “allowed” to buy gas, wouldn’t just make up a bogus address? Sorry, but they can ask for “trust” ’til they’re blue in the face, but most smart people would not comply.

It’s all about context.

Nb: I’m not making any judgments for or against giving a street address to register for this. That’s up to the individual whether/not he wants to, and whether/not he chooses to. He can lose out on good deals if he refuses, and MM can lose out on the… “commission”(?). That’s what freedom’s all about, making your own decisions and living with the results.

I’m just playing Devil’s Advocate here. :smiley:

Registered yesterday but haven’t received password yet. No, it’s not in my spam folder …

you have been activated...

PN ;)

45% deal

Sorry for asking again.

All BG flashlights:

Will this deal work on flashlights that are already in promotion…?
For example:

Will this FL cost 10,97 USD?

Thank you

Kind regards

Registered as Bevo.

Well, Max has some really good deals. for recently jetbeam e10r

M4D M4X
Got my activation email.
I assume the 45% off code will come in a separate email?
Thanks!