[M4Ddeal ALIVE] Imalent MS12 & R90C & R70C

No one tested them, so I just wish to form a rough judging with more info. Hope that it’s not too shadow especially R90C that has 700+kcd. Imalent candela spec always has to be divided by 1.5 to 2 to be real.

Okay, your asking for the wrong thing. The depth has a small effect of the candela, what you need to know is the diameter of the reflectors.

Naybe Martin can ask for the diameter of each reflector. If not, we can sort of calculate it by looking at the pictures. I think all 3 have a head diameter of 130mm.

The RC70C is pretty much the same size as the MF04S and GT70. If it can really do 6500 lumen then 522Kcd or 1445 meters throw is about right.

The R90C is a bit harder to calculate. 20000 lumen from 9 emitters is 2200 lumen each. This is exaggerated. 1500-1700 would be more realistic (if the driver can deliver that much power). If we say the reflector is 112mm across, that’s roughly 37mm diameter per reflector. Since they are not perfectly round, let’s say they are more like 32mm in diameter. We need to find a xhp35-HI light with the same size reflector and compare it’s power and candela to ours. This gets complicated. Does anyone know of a small xhp35-hi light?

To put it simply, if Imalent has based their candela on 20000 lumen and we know it’s probably going to be maybe 15000, then their 700kcd is too high as well. We won’t know for sure until somebody is able to measure it.

Thanks for detailed analysis.
I have DT35 and it is about 4500lm max, far away from spec 8500, didn’t measure candela but definitely below 200kcd, spec is 258kcd.
But i am happy with DT35, small size and heat up fast. UI is lousy though.
R90C will be winner if it can do 1500lumens for 9 XHP35 HI let’s say 30s to 60s.
But it looks like one must unscrew the R90C battery tube in order to charge them. Not so convenient in my view.

These photos were very quickly taken, on an iPhone 8. Shutter/ISO/Exposure were not constant. It was definitely brighter in person, I will get some better shots tomorrow night with a fully charged battery and better camera.

A couple of quick notes, battery was about 4.01v per cell. I tried to get a reading on my Texas Ace Lumen Tube and it cried mercy and maxed out, which happens around 20,000 lumen. That is with significant light bleed since the tube is too small for me to get the entire head onto the opening. The fan will automatically turn on when it reaches a thermal set point on higher modes. It is easy to turn the fan on when the light is off, and no it doesn’t seem to help much with cooling while on but I will do some rigorous testing with my IR thermometer later this week.

On the highest mode, about 100 meters away.

The trees in the distance are 500 meters away, this is county property and pretty overgrown.

Control shot with 300 lumen mode.

Also, thank you guys for the fast shipping! Very much appreciated!

Nice! Can you post the front of battery tube? would love to see how it make contact with the head positive and ground. Looks like MS12 has very careful design on contacts.

WOW…MAN YOU GOT IT QUICK…Congrats…she looks great man…thanks for the pics…cant wait to see more.

I ordered a new lux meter, with the calibrated lights I received from maukka I should be able to determine within reason what the true output is.

Yeah, they shipped it extremely quickly! Many thanks to Neal!

You must live in china to get that fast??

Nope, Florida. :smiley:

Ohh wow…man…i should have ordered from Neil…did you order Fri?

Wednesday morning, pretty much the moment the GB was sent as an email.

Ohh yeah…forgot it started Wed…i irdered Fri from Banggood…still no shipping

Mark, can tell us where the cool air goes in and the hot air goes out from the fan?

It seems to me that they cut some of the fins on the heatsink to create a pressure differential. It is a 360 degree heat sink with some of the straight fins being cross cut. There isn’t any one area where the air goes in or goes out, best that I can tell. It is hard to see inside of there. I plan on using some smoke to get a better visualization of the air flow pattern. It seems to only minimally move any air. Other than hearing the fans you don’t feel the airflow unless you are centimeters away. I doubt it is pushing much volume since it doesn’t feel like a lot of pressure, ideal gas law and all.

Hmmm, they may not have put much effort into the cooling. That’s why it’s only rated at 15000 lumen continous.

It’s just a single fan, right?

Yeah one fan. The blades seem symmetrical.

Mine shipped from BG…did anybodys ship yet? I didnt grt a tracking number…but says it should be here next Thursday.

Can someone who has the lights do light output percentage drop over let’s say 3 minutes for turbo mode?
Would like to see how the output sag.

Cool. I cant wait to see your video.