Maglite 3-4D for self defense

Hold flashlight base of head and use tail cap end for striking. More weight. Better solution would be using.

Police Security 6 D silver little nellie : More heft will crenulated striking head.

I thing it’s a great question the OP asked, being cautious or real concern doesn’t really matter for the answer.
And a security camera isn’t going to save your (or her) life.

I agree with Lightbringer, Brad and mmalive for a Mag-lite to hold it near the head, much better control and less chance of the attacker being able to pull it out of your hands and use it against you.

Of course if you have one of these you can hold it either way :wink:

Love this light Can not wait to get my hands on 1. and the Solarforce

Not really. If they are big, all the need is one good punch and knock the hell out of you. All they need to do is look for smaller victims.

Security camera doesn’t do a thing to save someone or save someone from being robbed/hurt at that moment it happens.

Using pepper spray is not as easy as people think when you panic (or not). Then there is the wind factor and distance, don’t want it to blow in her face and make things even easier for the guy.

I once lived in California, and in NYC a long time ago when it was a good deal more dangerous than it is today. I have put a link below to the first site that came up when I queried whether it is legal to carry pepper spray in California. Clubbing someone with a Maglite requires them to be within arm’s reach and the presumption that they are not better armed than you. I would always have a good flashlight with me (and know how to get to the otherwise-useless strobe setting quickly), have a powerful pepper spray within quick reach, and perhaps have one of those emergency whistles. Both you and your wife should carry pepper spray. The car alarm button on the car remote can also be useful. The best way to avoid trouble is to be aware of your surroundings and listen to your intuition without being paranoid. Preparing for the possibility of trouble gets you halfway there. Lastly, if you are in a situation where you can’t get away and someone seems to only want to rob you and does not appear to be a physical threat, putting your pride aside and giving them what they want is preferable to anybody ending up in the hospital. I anticipate some members - particularly in concealed-carry states - may disagree with me. I speak from personal (family) experience.

I still think you should get cameras as a deterrent or even fake ones if budget is a concern. If you have a rap sheet, you probably would prefer not to do it in front of the red beeping LEDs.

Unless you’re there forever, she will need to learn to defend herself too.

Take it as you will, but this thread is starting to smell more and more like breeding grounds for paranoia. And this is coming from someone who lives in a country far more violent than California, USA.

Lick,

We park in the street, don’t always find good parking right outside our house.

I know zero people who have ever been attacked and hurt while walking to their car (but I live in a safe area). I know plenty of people that have been hurt (some very seriously) while driving that same car. I think people need to put safety into perspective. Vehicle accidents is the #1 cause of death. If safety is your primary concern, dump the car and take public transit. A maglite ain’t gonna do it.

Yep. Agreed man.

All the self defense/bat light flashlight threads turn political. :confounded: