Maglite Pro Plus VS Klarus P2A

what? perhaps I wrote something wrong (english is not my natal language). what is?

OK, grammar error. Sorry

I can not understand why people dont trust on you...

The only problem with DinoDirect is that now they dont have good coupons, the prices has been increased, no surveys, only 20% payable with dinopoints, etc... If they act as they were acting on December it would be impressive. And they will get many sales..

What? I have enough lights? a flashaholic never has enough lights!!!

Neither of the p2a I have had in my hands have had greenish tint. The tint has been CW (white white) in all of the two

The problem with the P1A is that, with 14500 you loose low mode

Yes, I need a new light in the 2xaa class

My P2A has a slight tint shift towards green when going into low mode... many current regulated lights don't show the predominant tint in high mode. PWM regulation is better in that respect. The 2 Fenix E21 I have are more on the neutral side of cool white and don't show this effect so heavily. Did anyone try to mod the E21 BTW? I would love to install some high CRI Nichias in one of them.

@kreisler: I was wrong. I read somewhere that when you use 14500 you only have high mode and not any other lower mode. So, if it still has a lower mode, no matter if it is not very low mode, better. Now I can consider it with 14500....

@vectrex: I was told that the pill in Fenix flashlight is somehow "sealed" and can not be open (i.e. to repair or to mod). I was told that, dont know if it is true

hmmmm......... tempting.... tempting....... Pity is not available at DD

What is the current draw with 14500 on both modes? have you tested?

you mean measurements?

;)

Impressive test, kreisler. Thanks

One more question. Does the P1A is coming now with square threads?

I got a Klarus P2A from DD when they had them for $19. I should have bought a dozen of them because it has been one of my most often users. The clip comes in handy and it is not as heavy or thick as my Fenix E21 for example.
I would take the Klarus over the Maglite. If you are looking for a small and thin light that puts out about 80 lumins, the AAA penlights are doing some good things. My favorite is the Pelican 1920 ($22 shipped) but the Streamlight Stylus Pro is a good one as well. Both produce enough light for 95% of what i use a light for and both are about $20. They are also easier than a 1AA or 2AA light to carry.

Kreisler

Where did you bought this? https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/5956?page=1#comment-125404

thanks! my P1A is from 2011 (DD, Xmas) and it didnt come with square threads. BUT the built quality is great anyway, except for the el cheapo switch (and the switch is not really interchangeable with the new P2A: you can install the P2A's in the P1A but not vice versa because of the aluminum construction in the tail. the tails are really different!). since my P1A is brighter and has the better tint (looks white white .. but compared to other premium tints it is minimally green lol), i like the P1A better.

so i really dont know if the dealers ship a new P1A version with square cut threads. one would have to ask Klarus first, and then check with the dealers if they carry it in stock. I would be interested in knowing but due to the tint lottery i will not try to replace my P1A just because of the threads or the switch. fran you know the exact reason why i bought the P1A and P2A, although i never use them! you can ask me in public if you forgot already haha ;)

shipping was 3.00€ because it's a small-ish item. still too much!!

Thanks kreisler, yes I remember why did you bought..

And thanks for the lube info, do they ship outside germany?

Yep, they do. Might get costly if you are outside EU, though.

ok, thanks, I am from EU