Manker Lad, Keychain EDC near perfection

the ultratac is interesting but you would have to carry the charging module around with you for out of house charging, so its a little odd for a keychain light.

I agree the separate charger is not ideal, but I usually charge at home, and have a spare battery when Im out and about.

the 10180 twisties are so unreliable I gave up on them, but this one has a switch, so it might just work… and how about that trit slot? :wink:

iffn it’s the same charger for the K18, then I have a few strewn around….car, desk, bugout bag, truck, Missus’s purse.
My fav pocket carry is the brass K18 and I have a few.
It also works w/mods on the Lumintop Tool.

After a few months’ experience with the Manker LAD, I’m back to the Glarei E03 for a keychain light. I like almost everything about the Manker except that it came on in my pocket too often. I tried to remember to cycle it back to the red lights before turning it off so that if it pressed hard against something in my pocket it would turn on at that level. But I didn’t always do that, or sometimes it would get just a brief tap which would automatically take it to the white light. It was a little embarrassing to look down and see a glow coming from my pocket and wonder how long it had been on and who had noticed. And if I didn’t notice it, the battery would run down. The battery is also an issue since I had to pay attention to it much more than I do to the Glarie. One more thing that dropped the Manker down a notch was the slippery finish. If my fingers are dry, I don’t get the grip I can with the Glarie. So back to the nice little three-mode light I bought for a whopping $10.00 on Amazon. The Manker is now my inside-the-car light. Live and learn.

If you want a good small light that can be locked out look at the Ultratac K18 Mini. I had the same issue as you and haven’t looked back since. Double click while it’s off to activate electronic lock out. Then when you want to use it double click again to unlock.

Thanks. I’ll take a look.