Mapache's (and Mrs Mapache's) newb review - Thorfire TG06S –

I have the Sofirn’s clone/version of the TG06S, the SF12, and the driver is 17mm with 16mm MCPCB for the emitter

Well this is embarrassing. I just triple checked using my manual vernier and it is ~17mm :person_facepalming:

I would blame nearly flat batteries in my digital vernier except last nights secondary measurement was also with a simple manual vernier :person_facepalming:

Edit- Wait, this is the internet and I’m meant to dig my heels in, stand my ground and tell everyone their wrong. I must have a different version, and I won’t provide photo evidence because how dare anyone question my integrity :stuck_out_tongue:

No worries.
Your reflector centering ring and pill look different than mine so I figured the driver might be different too.

It’s common for vendors to change components (drivers, pills, reflectors etc.) throughout the production of the same light.
I’ve seen 3 different versions of my crelant CH10. Each has a different reflector set-up and/or driver.

Update

I got a new version TG06S and can confirm that PWM is no longer visible in any mode with either a 14500 or AA battery. New version is on the left in all the following pictures.

It has a different driver that has a brass button on the positive and an isolation ring around the positive terminal, I am guessing for r.p.p.?

It is slightly brighter in all modes, however I only tested them with NiMh.

The reflector is different. It is still smooth, however both holes are marginally smaller than the older model, whilst having a slightly larger hotspot as seen in the above image.

The anodizing is slightly different too, this new version is slightly more matte, and almost has a deep red hue at certain angles.

These updates really compliment what was an already nice light. However I still wish it had a good previous mode memory.