Match's Mods: 6x XML Maglite project

I've been sick all this week and my computer is broken so this is the first time I've gotten to really look at BLF, and I see this. Absolutely awesome! From the design to your requirements, I'm just completely jealous. Fantastic work.

I'll take one in neutral please. LOL :)

Sorry but what do you mean by second best ... what is your best thrower

Really excellent work , i want your workbench

[quote=NiBi]

Sorry but what do you mean by second best ... what is your best thrower

[/quote]

Modified Tiablo A9 w/aspheric...it'll do @100k lux

OMG..... is there a thread or photos

Something like this? 100k lux thats amazing. http://www.torchworld.com.au/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94&products_id=529

I don't think so, that aspheric is just a tad throwier than the solarforce masterpiece pro-1, which does 55k.

I used a 100mm aspheric salvaged from an old russian scope, and drove the poor r2 over 2a. Only useable for brief periods. Lens was attached via pvc/cardboard and tape. Not really anything to be proud of, which is why I haven’t posted it here.
Maybe after I get done playing with the xml’s I’ll revisit that project.

WOW!!

Any way you would sell just the machined head? This is an awesome light, and I want to make one that is similar.

What a really cool light.

UPDATE:

I modded the original light here to v2.0 just before going on vacation.

Changes include:

*Powered by 4 26650 LifePO4's

* 4D mag host

* Now using a H6flex driver!

That last step made all the difference in the world. That driver is amazing! It's driving the 6 xml's in a 3s2p configuration which allows for 3.3 current regulated amps to each emitter in the highest mode. Also, due to the fantastic flexibility of the driver, it now has thermal protection, ability to set a timer to turn off, lock-out mode, battery voltage monitoring, and most importantly....modes. Low mode is a beautiful 35L with a runtime better measured geologically, while high mode stays brighter longer due to regulation. Not only that, it's a heck of a lot easier to charge 4 lifePO4's vs 12 NiZn's. This light is now, dare I say, almost practical!

No pics as of yet, but other than a little extra length it looks exactly the same.

Oh, and to answer your question Simplec6 (vette guy?), I'm not looking to make parts just yet.

Sounds cool .

This is a freaking awesome update because I have drawn up plans to make this exact build 3s2p on an H6flex but with a slightly different battery configuration. I am just looking at getting someone to machine a head similar to yours now and getting some reflectors lined up from KD or manafont. the h6flex looks like a freakin awesome driver, can't wait to momentary mod the mag switch. I noticed you have plans (drawings/measurements?) for your head that you were e-mailing or PMing other people, I would love a copy of those if you are willing to help out. Any way you can post pics of where you stashed the driver and pics of how you wired the LEDs?P.S. Yes, self-proclaimed Vette guy (any vehicles though)!

Hey Match, how do the Carlco TIR lens mount? glued to the star right around the LED? do they Carlco TIR lens work on 12mm stars as well or only work on 20mm stars?

The Carclo lens are mounted in black plastic lens holders designed to fit over a 20mm star, and the holder is glued in place. Yes, the lenses will work with smaller led stars, but the holder may not.