Match's Mods: The All-Purpose 1D Mag Lite (updated)

Match .

I want you to make a C mag that will use an 18650 .

With a one mode neutral XML driven at about 2.8 amps .

Leave the anodizing alone . ( Stealth )

Then sell it to me .

Lovely job mate. Wish I could do that.

@ Chicago X: " The proportions are so natural, it amazes me that it was never offered by the OEM."

+1. I'd certainly have bought a couple.

Could you make that 2?

Heh...thanks :) I'll post up some pics of the 2C I cut down already (no guts yet, but the body is finished). I did put some stripes on that one, and think it turned out quite well... Confession here though: I used the stripes to hide the seam on that one :p Besides, is a 1C really a sleeper anymore? :)

Who among us wouldn't want a side clicky C8 proportioned light with classic lines ?

Beamshots added to first post

Neat! and I personally really love the clean look of 1D proportioned torches! Your mod makes me want to try it out, but soo many wants.. so little time.

I hear you about the aluminium machining... what alloy did you use?

That's the thing....it's not an alloy...it's pure aluminium :) Great for heat transfer (much better than any alloy), but a bugger to machine.

Ok...just looked in my notes. The driver I used was this one from deal extreme. As usual, the specs they list are a bit off. From my testing with an xm-l, it will do 450ma off of one alk/eneloop, and 1.7a off of one li-on. Perfect for the above application.

FYI...don't confuse that driver with these drivers.... they're terrible. Only 200ma off of one alk/eneloop and 800ma off of one li-ion. Blech...

Heads up: The 1C is finished

thanks, just ordered 8 of those - been in my wishlist for awhile because of the dx reviews - probably wish I'd ordered more

Found the same exact driver for $0.50 less per driver at a new seller, geminideal.com. I ordered a few of them to try out both the site and the drivers.

Very nice beam and I like the flexibility. You have me wondering/remembering how much longer a 18650 is than a D.

thanks, just cancelled with DX, ordered 10 from gd - saved $3 and get 2 extra drivers

Happy to be of service, buddy!