Mateminco MT35Plus / Deft X (aspheric with Wavien collar) photo thread (comparative shots post #9)

Edit: I was typing the post below before the post above of member djozz.

I understand what you mean, as I have a been an amateur photographer during the manual, film days, and I am aware that a 100 lumen light can be manipulated “manually” by tweaking the parameters to favor one over the other.

However, when I used the default mode during those beamshot photos, I always compare what I see in the screen of my phone compared to what I see outside the screen and I assure you, they are basically similar as nothing is exaggerated nor subtracted substantially from each other.

Take note at the ‘brightness’ of the houses far on the foreground on each shot and they are basically the same, meaning the default setting did not compensate for the bright spill of the MT35Plus compared to that of the Deft X. Only the spill of the MTPlus made the houses nearer to the camera brighter.

And I should emphasize that the beamshot of the Deft X looks like this because it’s nighttime, and an aspheric light has NO spill.

Correct, this is what I am trying to drive at.

djozz, you know what you are talking about. For that, :+1: and :beer:

Thanks for the great comparison. The MT35 Plus lumen advantage can really be seen here despite the similar lux rating. I can’t wait to see a GT or MF04/MT35Plus with the waivien collar and aspheric lense! 3MCD!

I think it is the Astrolux MF-04,so you can find it at discount price looking here at budgetlightforum.