Maxa Beam MBS-410 HID

There is a German thread on it with pictures. It’s way too expensive for most people. It’s also difficult to review because you can’t just measure the throw like with other lights, the lux meter needs to be 100m away from the light.

Thank you. Weird how that thing still keeps giving so good results this many years later,

I read a post on cpf from peak beam that they measured it at 25meters. They only measured the intensity tho as in their opinion lux didn’t matter for such a light.

Intensity is the lux (actually Candela).
They don’t care about lumens.

Yes, you can measure in just 25m distance, but for a really accurate result you need to be even further away.

oh sorry for mixing up lux and lumens measurements there :slight_smile: I’ve been in contact with their support staff and have some more info when looking for a used one. Their customer support seems great even before I own one and even when I state that I’m just in the marked for a used ones. Think I’ll wait for one with 12mcp to show up on ebay since it’s out of my budget to get a new one. Looks like I can’t go wrong getting this searchlight.