Maxtoch 18650 Torches

I haven't had my morning coffee, so I'm not much for words just yet. Rough night.

Thanks for the response everyone, Robo, Robert.

Wished I had known I could have told them what button I wanted. Mine has already shipped.

I'll wait until the U4 model gets re-released again. Soon I hope.

KawiBoy, I added the link to the custom order up in post #12

Naw. There are so many LightWhatevers here on BLF, it’s easy to get confoozed.

I know I’ve asked questions about Shooter vs Sniper, etc., but never got in on any gb.

The people at Maxtoch don't seem too concerned with inquiries about their products.

I've sent several emails over the past weeks with no return response. That's not good.

They are just getting back from the “May Day” holiday now , Amanda is usually good about answering emails.

Manufacturer’s aren’t usually keen on answering an individual’s inquiries. They sell their lights through dealers usually and the dealers are equipped to answer questions. MaxToch does have a presence on AliExpress, questions through the site should be handled fairly expediently but then again, vacations and holidays and trade shows in the spring tend to put a damper on the quick responses.

Play it with patience and they generally get around to it.

I’ve dealt with Amanda personally for several years, sometimes responses are quick and sometimes they are not so I get the impression she is leaned on quite heavily at work.

Thanks for the response, guys. I was aware they are on holiday just recent.

I guess they don't get too excited unless it's a dealer inquiry. If that's the case.

I'm impressed at the speed it's taking to get to me.

I got to thinking. How big is the shipping box the M24 is shipped in? It may not fit in my standard rural, U.S. Mail, mailbox.

It’ll fit.

Thanks for the confirmation. I don't like getting expensive items put in my mailbox when they're not insured.

We live in a rural area prone to dirtbags getting in mailboxes. I'm not sure if I can have this package held for me to pick it up.

I called the local PO and inquired. I was told once the package hits USPS, i can call with that tracking number and they will hold it for pick up.

OK, I feel better now!!

Make friends with your mail carrier. Then set up a way for them to leave packages securely, either a drop box with a lock on it or whatever. You can leave a padlock hanging open and they can drop a package in it and lock it up. Something like that is a good way to ensure you get your stuff and the carrier is looking out for you. :wink:

I hear ya. Our last carrier of 17 years, he'd drive up to the gate on our property, walk through the drive gate and deliver to the front porch. He retired.

This new carrier, he could care less. If he was broke down on the road, I'd probably drive by and wave.

I saw a guy in town yesterday, walking his mail delivery route. Head shaved, longish bushy beard, in casual shorts and a rock graphic Tshirt, ear pods in place, with his mail bag slung over one shoulder and a USPS badge hanging around his neck.

Whatever happened to pride? I mean, the real pride, in one’s self, in one’s work, the quality thereof?

Send an email our Caretakers?

Doubt anyone up there is listening my friend, they all seem to have their own agenda’s that don’t necessarily line up with the people that elected them. :frowning:

My previous comment, pure sarcasm.

I know better. It is what it is. plop

Did you notice that MaxToch is re-addressing their line of lights and upgrading quite a few favorites? I saw on their site that the outstanding SN6X-2S is coming back with an upgraded emitter and for sale below $70. I made the mistake of selling me SN6X-2X that we did the group buy on here, my neighbors kid wanted it for hog hunting. Looking to get another and rectify my mistake. :wink:

Yes. I saw the light you mention, and was considering it. That, and the Shooter 2s. Then found them to be the same.

I'm not a person who likes waiting when I want to buy something. So having to wait on something coming from the other side of the globe, is not easy for me.

The fact I was self employed nearly 30 years, and had to answer to myself when things did not happen if I were the customer, kept me running a pretty tight ship as owner/operator.

That trend is still within no matter. Good or bad. LOL

I'm overly anxious to receive my first Maxtoch product, after reading of them years ago. If the M24 stands up to my expectations, more orders will come.

A flashlight to me is a tool. Which I have a few, you would think, to keep me content. (Tim the tool man voice) Oh..Oh.Oh...Oh Oh grin

Added

The Maxtoch lights, they seem to be in use all over the globe. As for video reviews, Dave is the only one I find actually wringing them out. Not meant negatively!

Just that, for as many Maxtoch products that are out there, I assumed there would be more English video reviews.

The M24 has a potential issue as a tool. I spotted it right off the top and was assured it would be ok. The battery tube is not threaded into the head, instead it has a flange with 3 or 4 small screws holding it together. I was told the battery tube would fail before these screws. That is not necessarily the case. I modified one for a night security guard. He ended up dropping it off the roof while doing property surveillance and the screws pulled out. I fixed it, but he managed to break it again.

The 2X Shooter uses bigger screws, but still the same design.

The SN6X-2X/SN6X-2S have threaded battery tubes.

The original 2X was set up using a driver UI only, the newer upgraded 2S has a twist for strobe tube, when you loosen the battery tube you get instant strobe no matter where the UI is set in the modes.

(don’t quote me on any of this, my memory is, uh, what’s that word……)

Stoned? LOL

I'm not necessarily sold on the idea of the screws, myself. That method is inferior, and weak. Even with 7075 stock. Maybe steel threaded inserts for strength. Then my guess (not seeing hands on) there probably isn't enough meat there to make any real difference. Ideally, IMO. the tube diameter would be better if the area where tube meets head, the tube had more material for heavier threads to screw the tube to the head.