Maxtoch Archer M1 - C8 Sized thrower with Osram - 1100m range

I’ve been in contact with Maxtoch, and they sent me their Lux testing for the Archer M1.

Testing was done @10m. I’ve added in Red what that converts to in Candella, based on this:
Lux to Candella

Those numbers are consistent with it seeming 2x a bright as my 160kcd Barracuda Pro.

Nice work Spyderco Monkey.

So high would work out at approx. 1128 meters throw?

Maxtoch haven’t shipped my M1 yet, been 3 days now :frowning:

I ordered mine 5/7, and it arrived 5/29.

All the mail is slower these days with the corona.

A little off topic, but just discovered this EDC Osram light. Had escaped my attention before, might be new.

Manker E05 Ti. Hope they have changed the UI…

Thats a pretty cool light.

Although I feel for the Osram, as the beam is so narrow, its better suited to a dedicated thrower; whose trying to use a 0.5lm moonlight Osram?

Probably more practical with just the 150lm and 400lm settings.

Did you measure your Barracuda with the same meter? And what LED/version is your Armytek? If you haven’t, could you please do so and post results?

If calibration is accurate, then this Maxtoch really has an IMPRESSIVE reflector. Might have to buy one now…

EDIT: Are these turn-on measurements or after 30seconds?

Those were the measurements taken by Maxtoch which they sent to me via email.

I don’t have a light meter; I’ve been testing the M1 vs the Barracuda using my eyeballs vs palm trees @ 125yds and 200+yds, as shown in the earlier photos.

The Barracuda Pro is this model, claimed 160kcd, and in and of itself a very capable thrower:

Most tellingly, the M1 on Low (150lm) lights up the palm trees at 125yd slightly more then the Barracuda at 350lm.

Hopefully, someone with a more sophisticated evaluation / testing process will snag an Archer M1.

All I can say is that it has a pretty unreal level of throw for a light this small.

Snagged some more photos of the Archer:

Nice pics. Can’t wait for mine to arrive.

I like the tiny machined ribs on the tube. Now I’m wanting to know if that single tube fits on the head of the new Maxtoch X Pro Osram.

Any news on that Maxtoch?

The X-Pro is a 2x21700 light, so I doubt the M1 18650 tube would work.

And with a 78mm head size, it would probably be a bit weird with a single tube.

https://maxtoch.com/maxtoch-x-pro-1900m-beam-distance-78mm-head-newest-focus-white-beam-source-compatible-21700-and-18650-battery-thrower-flashlight-p0036-p0036.html